Buying An Amiga Soon

Yes FluffyUk,

Simulcra is indeed a great game.
I thought is was the only one that liked the game.
You should try moonfall. It also has this sci-fy atmosphere.
Moonfall, Oohh not heard of that one, I will give it a go.

There was another game that I can't quite remember the name of, it basically took place in a 3D computer world, and also on a blue print style map. You had to work out on the map what you had to do, open doors etc, and then fly around the 3D word to fire at the relevant switches, then when you had done that, your little robot thingy would trundle along the blue print maze, through the paths and corridors hopefully to the exit :). Anyone remember the game?

Interphase?

http://hol.abime.net/2658

google planetemu for all your adf needs.
That's it, Interphase. I will have to dig out my disks at some point, see if they all still work :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm dont think anyone has mentioned my fav amiga games :

Worms and Worms directors cut spent ages playing those with mates, they are also on dream17.co.uk (team17 official fansite)

Nobody has put down.... Frontier!!!

Holy crap it's so damn awesome! I was playing this for like two months non-stop. Great game!

It was specially written for 68000 machines too.

You really need a 1200 and a decent accelerator to get the most out of it, 28Mhz would be enough I think.

Actually this is one game I'd love to see on the GP2X.

Nobody has put down.... Frontier!!!

Holy crap it's so damn awesome! I was playing this for like two months non-stop. Great game!

It was specially written for 68000 machines too.

You really need a 1200 and a decent accelerator to get the most out of it, 28Mhz would be enough I think.

Actually this is one game I'd love to see on the GP2X.

That's the sequel to Elite. I really liked Elite but never tried Frontier, I guess I ought to check this out, as it looks quite crunchy

anything by sensible software is good.

mega lo mania is amazing...... has it been said...?

well i would have thought that both swos and the might cannon fodder have had a mention....

i believe that 5 a side soccer and football glory are both worth a mention... as they are great clones of sensible soccer. including streakers.

Thanks for that link.

There were a couple of games I've been after for a while ... Formula 17 and R3

F17 doesn't really stand up to Lotus 3, but R3 is a good Thrust-style puzzler

As for games you should play ...

Arcade Pool was ace
Also worth a mention ...
Desert Strike
Nitro
Flood
Walker

Agony has some excellent eye-candy.
Rodland is awesome and I like the Amiga version's controls better than the arcade version's.

Well hey, if you're goving them away I'd be willing to pay postage. Are bthey really really heavy? At least I know I'm buying from a repuatble member here who knows a lot about the system.

Thanks so far everyone, this is a lot of information!

Really heavy and really big and Australia uses 240volt power supplies. Besides that I have no spare keyboards. :(

You could track down a nice 500 for much less in the states.

OMG. You're giving Amigas away?! You're in Melbourne?!! Giving away?!!!! REALLY?!! :eek:

*feels stirring in loins*

On a less erotic note, some of the most fun I had on an Amiga was Lemmings. Sure it ended up on every platform under the sun, but the Amiga version (afaik) was the only version that let you play two players split-screen simultaneously (using two mice). Was. Top. Fun.

fire power, how could I forget this game, endless two player action
Fire_Power-2.png

Hey how about some of the free games, I remember this one on a coverdisk:
tanx-fans.png

TANX​

It was seriously fun, sort of like an update of Gorilla on GW-Basic and a precursor to Worms!

Hey how about some of the free games, I remember this one on a coverdisk:
tanx-fans.png

TANX​

It was seriously fun, sort of like an update of Gorilla on GW-Basic and a precursor to Worms!

Hmm, was that a clone of Scorched Earth or was Scorched Earth a clone of it? Scorched Earth was basically the same game for DOS, it was awesome :D

They were both released in 1991, so it's hard to say which came first.

EDIT: Answered... they were both clones of "Tank Wars" for DOS.

Back