Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, emulate it

• No, not at all

• Total voters

___

Advanced Member
I have been thinking about this for a long time...
Amiga games were really amazing. If I only think of what psygnosis or the bitmap brothers produced. I wish I had the opportunity to relive the good old amiga days. The question now is, should I rather do this on original hardware or emulate the stuff... I really don't know. It seems that amiga emulation is rather lacking. I have tried UAE and I am not too pleased with it. Is it my computer which is acting up, or is the compability and user-friendliness really that bad?

Also, I have no clue which system would be best for me. I think, an A1200 would be perfectly fine, it's got AGA and should run all I need... or am I mistaken? Also, I never played a CD32... are they any good? Apart from adding some nice voice samples to games, are the graphics better then AGA? I am guessing, not many games are available for it anyway. Is there a way to get both in one system (CD plus amiga PC)?

EDIT: damn typos...

My Amiga 600 seems to be brokena nd I am really sad about this. I know, it's only a machine... still it holds so many good memories.

Personally I would get a new one, but I can't because I have no space. Sounds stupid, I know, but that's the way it is.

Go get one and live my dream!

sensible GP32 said:
:EDIT: whoever voted for not at all... should be shot.
lol... that's what I thought...

But the emulator seems to be terribly buggy for me (tried winuae on my laptop). If I get a real amiga, which model should I choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's worked with everything that i've thrown at it... and i have a really turd laptop.

but if i was buying one again.... i'd go with amiga1200 those are fantastic.

thanks for the feedback. Maybe I will have to try that emulator on another machine first. It's weird, I had terrible graphical glitches, crashes and distorted sound.

Hey, I voted Emulate it because I really don't know the difference between a 600 and 1200 lol. Which one can play Another world: Out of this world? Whicheverone plays that, get it! :D

I believe you can play it on both machines. the A1200 is backwards compatible AFAIK.

I had the A500 with memory expansion :) I also had A2000 with 8MB memory expansion, 200MB SCSI harddrive and the turbo accelerator(?) that boosted that lady to 28MHz B)
Aaahh. Ontopic btw, if A1200 is backwards compatible, why not get it?

get a cd32, I have 2 of em they rock, well they dont but they really should/could have, a 1200 will give you hours of pleasure from all the classics.

Shifty said:
Hey, I voted Emulate it because I really don't know the difference between a 600 and 1200 lol. Which one can play Another world: Out of this world? Whicheverone plays that, get it! :D
only the real system provides the REAL fun... :) including all the funky loading times and "guru meditation"'s :)

i would everyone suggest to get hands on a real amiga... of course winuae is extremly good, but still... nothing beats real hardware :)

my two cents...

-koj

Kojote said:
Shifty said:
only the real system provides the REAL fun... :) including all the funky loading times and "guru meditation"'s :)

i would everyone suggest to get hands on a real amiga... of course winuae is extremly good, but still... nothing beats real hardware :)

my two cents...

-koj

you are right, the beat of the floppy drive is fantastic.

okay... thanks for all the great feedback. I will consider buying a real A1200 now. I am still wondering if I should try to get my hands on a CD32 or one of the regular PC style amigas. I am afraid that I might miss out on some games when getting the CD32 version...

xnopasaranx said:
okay... thanks for all the great feedback. I will consider buying a real A1200 now. I am still wondering if I should try to get my hands on a CD32 or one of the regular PC style amigas. I am afraid that I might miss out on some games when getting the CD32 version...
do not listen to the other guys, listen to me and I tell you: if you want to go retro, then buy a classic A500; foget the rest, forget A1200 or even worse: CD32. Otherwise you can go directly to UAE.

Back