Indeed it does. It also plays very well.Pull latest version, and you'll see, It launches now
The game is not CPU intensive and is rather held down by the GPU. Thanks to that, the actual resulting maximum frame rate is identical to the native version. Neat.
Performance in numbers, though be warned these are neither 100% accurate nor properly averaged. Frame timing is displayed as the frame renders so the numbers are gone just as fast and fluctuate a bit too. Meaning they're rough average estimates of what I saw on the higher end.
This is with frameskip limiting the game to 30fps, but the frame rates are identical with it turned off as well (my CC Pandora doesn't manage 60 there).Native:
BG Step: ~1µs (rarely ever anything to do there, might even be just the overhead from the performance counter itself)
Obj Step: ~60µs (Pretty much all game logic there, though I admit, I did use the most graphical intensive part of the game, not the one with the most action going on)
Render: ~3000µs (All OpenGL render commands measured, but does not wait for SDL_GL_SwapWindow(). Might be very inaccurate, but it's been good enough for me)
BG Step: ~30µs
Obj Step: ~400µs
Render: ~3000µs (Yes, pretty much identical)
It's certainly not Box86's fault here at least.
I've managed to use version 1.0 data files with version 1.1 binaries on both ends. Good job me.
Everything is fine.