Boards Uncluttering

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we discussed in the Mod section about uncluttering the boards to make them more readable :)

So we combined all the older and less active handhelds boards under a main category (Other OpenSource handhelds), removed the Support Area which didn't make sense (since each handheld has its own help section) and moved the posts to their appropriate areas.

We also put some forums into subforums to make the main page more readable as well.

Questions? Ideas? Rants? Suggestions?

Please leave them here for discussion :)

Oh, and also: A FavIcon would be nice, we're still using the IPB icon here.

I don't like it.

It was fine the way it was IMO.

Having Sub-Sub-Forums - is to me, more cluttered and confusing.

:huh:

Well I like it! I was going to suggest getting rid of the support forums for the same reasons you stated. Can you add a sub forum for the Ben Nanonote in the Dingoo section? I was also thinking about a section for dead consoles as well: Zodiac, Gizmondo, Onestation etc. But I'm not sure what the others would say as they were not really "open". IDK, maybe that should stay in Other Consoles?

It also uses up extra vertical space, which is bad for say... rendering on a mobile device (like the Pandora).

Edit:

Do a poll maybe?

In the "View New Content" function, there is no longer a way to see which subforum the posts are in, since the consoles names have been removed from the titles :-/

hmn said:
In the "View New Content" function, there is no longer a way to see which subforum the posts are in, since the consoles names have been removed from the titles :-/

Same remark here. Please add the name of the consoles in the forum names, so we can identify the platform in the "View new content" view. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Michoko said:
hmn said:
Same remark here. Please add the name of the consoles in the forum names, so we can identify the platform in the "View new content" view. Thanks! :)

Aaah, didn't know that :) Okay, will fix that :)

klikklak said:
Actually about hiding. The subfora I've got hidden, don't stay hidden. Anyone else with this problem?

Hmm... weird, the board software itself hasn't changed... so it shouldn't behave any different than before.

Last edited:
Prfff, I think I just might just go and use the new for...

I see what you're doing!!!

;)

ED, while you're at this kind of stuff. Could you please set it so that the main board view, rather than the crappy mobile one, is shown for the iPod Touch as well as the iPhone?

It is possible that this has already been done though since I haven't visited the site on my iPod for a long time.

Why would different iDevices have different useragents? They both use mobilesafari.
But yeah, my iPod is showing the crappy mobile theme. I don't use safari though, so I don't mind :).

Back