Blog plateform recommandation

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi there,

My wife is looking for a good plateform to start her blog. The blog will be about professional topic so she want to be able to edit an un published article. and publish only later.

Do you have a recommandation for the plateform (blogspot, blogger, whatevar) ?

cheers,

Sebt3

Last edited by a moderator:
Wordpress .. Very user friendly and open.

Loads of amazing looking themes available, many for free.

I've used it a number of times and prefer to any other I've tried

Plus their 5-minute-installer is very easy as well

She is not looking at hype, but at content. So no tumblr.

@FZero: thanks. Problably going wordpress (I've also readed some review going this way. I just wanted to check if that was ok)

I used to use Wordpress on my site, and thought it was pretty good. I might even go back to it if and when I actually release something worthy of updating my website :)

I used to use Wordpress on my site, and thought it was pretty good. I might even go back to it if and when I actually release something worthy of updating my website :)
Wordpress is great but it's overgrown into a full CMS, not just a blog engine. It's "heavy" if you just want to do a simple blog, and I don't really like the template engine, honestly speaking. Other than that, it's really good. 

I've setup Wordpress for a friend of mine for her private business. It's easy to setup and even people without much computer knowledge (like her) are able to create new entries and the like. So wherever wordpress is available, I'd recommend that.

i have a wordpress site...was super easy to setup with godaddy, like a few clicks then a short wait.

rhythmphotos.org [shameless plug]

I also took suggestions from this forum and found a way to easily add paypal transactions to the site.

the only thing about wordpress is that there are many updates and any combination of themes, plugins and core updates may break the site...so it is recommended to backup often.

Wordpress is great but it's overgrown into a full CMS, not just a blog engine. It's "heavy" if you just want to do a simple blog, and I don't really like the template engine, honestly speaking. Other than that, it's really good.
Sounds like it's changed a fair bit since I used it (either that, or I didn't see half of what was available).
If it let's me do a nice article combined with maybe a screenshots section etc., might be worth going back and having a look. I really can't be bothered coding another website

Stay away from wordpress. it's a reverse shell with an unpatched blog 0day.

Try Chyrp.net for a tiny self hosted... id consider just using tumblr

Most of the "blogging engines" are now more or less complete CMS…

One of those is concrete5, don't know if it's the best one, but it's simple to setup and use for anyone.

It's aimed at easy content management, IIRC, it's got versioning system for the posts edition, so I guess it mets your needs nicely.

Another one is Drupal, tried a few install and toying around, pretty flexible, lots of fun plugins that integrate quite nicely in the main engine. Now, it's probably a bit overkill for a single blog :p

Back