Blips, A Dos Bips Remake Released

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Willems Soft Released yet another puzzle game, this time it's blips!

Blips is a puzzle game like sokoban except that you need to collect "stars" here and avoid the dynamite. Boxes can be blown up using the dynamite. There are 26 levels included from the orginal "bips" game made by Bryant Brownell. The game has a built in level editor so you can create new levels on your own and release them as levelpacks. You can also play upto 25 of your own ogg/mod music files. And lastly there is skin support. A Big thanks goes out to donskeeto for creating the music !

here's a little screenshot
blips4.jpg

More info and screenshots can be found here
Download from the archive can be found here

You sir, have way too much free time! Nontheless, keep up the good work! I already heard awesome things about you gbax2007 entry...

Do you know why the screen flickers so much? I have blockdude, sokoban, and waternet and none of them have any flickering. Besides that, this game is very fun. Thanks for the fun games you write.

frefol said:
Do you know why the screen flickers so much? I have blockdude, sokoban, and waternet and none of them have any flickering. Besides that, this game is very fun. Thanks for the fun games you write.
yeah i have noticed that also, i think it's due to the colors that are being used but i'm not sure since the flickering stops almost completly when there is a level loaded and the background image is completly hidden. It just uses the same blitting system as blockdude and sokoban . I'll look into it though

edit:
it seems it's due to the "blinds effect" i added to the image. (each odd line number 1,3,5,7,... has a line of a single color in the images for titlescreen background etc). The gp2x doesn't seem to like that hehe if i replace for example the titlescreen with an image without that effect there is no flickering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back