Black Mesa Source (finally!) launching this month

Garrett

Advanced Member
Last edited by a moderator:
nice, through HL1 as "sufficient" graphic for me to still enjoy it...

Yeah exciting news... been waiting for this for a long time.

Can't wait for this, hl1 & 2 are the last of the great fps for me. After HL2 I got bored of the genre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently there are a lot of people demanding that the "bug" where the aliens don't attack you when you make it to Zen should be put in. My face and palm are both sore.

Well, that was kind of anticlimactic. A 403 error followed shortly by the page being taken offline.

Yeah I tried three mirrors getting dial up speed.. decided to start it up with bittorrent and now downloading at a steady 1MBs.

Finally finished downloading/installing.. and now can't launch the bloody thing!

How the hell do you start it?.. there's no shortcut on the desktop, no exe in the BMS folder & no icon in my Steam library am I just being monumentally stupid here? I've been poking around for a half hour now.

Works fine for me under Linux with wine, quite nicely done, I'd have done some things different but I enjoyed it. There are some slowdowns when things happen first time, wine is compiling shaders on demand I guess, while it could do them on level load instead..

Garrett: you have to extract it to <where your steam is>/steamapps/sourcemods/BMS folder, in a way that gameinfo.txt ends up sitting directly in that folder. Then it will appear in steam games list after steam restart.

EDIT: just found that folder name has to be BMS or game chapter names will be messed up.

Works fine for me under Linux with wine, quite nicely done, I'd have done some things different but I enjoyed it. There are some slowdowns when things happen first time, wine is compiling shaders on demand I guess, while it could do them on level load instead..

Garrett: you have to extract it to <where your steam is>/steamapps/sourcemods/BMS folder, in a way that gameinfo.txt ends up sitting directly in that folder. Then it will appear in steam games list after steam restart.

EDIT: just found that folder name has to be BMS or game chapter names will be messed up.

Yeah thanks, figured out that a restart was in order.

Anyone else finding the loading painfully slow in certain sections..? other than that they have done a spectacular job.

Yeah thanks, figured out that a restart was in order.

Anyone else finding the loading painfully slow in certain sections..? other than that they have done a spectacular job.

With Solid State Drives it seems fine, Watching my friend play it on a regular hard drive was painful.. guess I'm spoiled.

Been seeding that torrent since I got my hands on it. =) Great game to play. Loving it so far, though it has plenty of jumping moments that should never exist. Who decided "Crouch Jumping" to be a good idea??

Edit: Ratio is 5.793 currently.

Back