XStylus Crayon is finally ready to ship (compatilbe with Pandora)

Elton

Still Fresh
Hi Guys,

Didn't realize the crowd has already migrated to this forum, I hope everyone is happy busy playing with their Pandora. :)

Just wanted to drop by and to let you know that XStylus Crayon is finally ready to ship. I seriously can't believe it has been so long since my original post at the gp32 board about the XStylus prototype. Of cause, XStylus Crayon works and fits perfectly in the Pandora. Here is a pic of the mass produced pens, pretty isn't it? If you missed the pre order event on indieGoGo two months ago, you can order your side now at http://www.greenbulb.com/?page_id=22

XStylus%20Crayon.png

On a separate note, I'm working on a stylus for the iPad using the same concept, XStylus Touch, except that the pen core of this iPad stylus will be made with polished metal. It's really quite nice to the touch as it's the heaviest iPad stylus on the market so far - weighing a full 32 grams (For comparison, the 3M stylus weighs around 10g, the Wacom Bamboo just under 20g)! The project home page for XStylus Touch is www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Touch. If you are an iPad or tablet user, you need to check it out. :) Kindly share with friends on fb or twitter if you like it. Thanks.

For your convenience, here is a 1 min video of the XStylus Touch:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/k7bpQhkBJug?feature=oembed

XStylus%20Touch.png

Ah! I remember this!

Was wondering what happened to it quite recently btw.

Good to hear you continued your project :)

Hi Elton,

Good to see you got the project off the ground. To maximise sales to the Pandora community my advice would be to make it possible to buy a single black stylus for 5$, rather than a 4 pack of assorted colours for $20.

Or possibly try to reach an agreement with OP Ltd to become the official stylus supplier for Pandora. From memory the official replacement stylus retailed for approx $10 and was not the greatest stylus I've ever used (to put it very kindly).

Hi Elton,
Or possibly try to reach an agreement with OP Ltd to become the official stylus supplier for Pandora. From memory the official replacement stylus retailed for approx $10 and was not the greatest stylus I've ever used (to put it very kindly).

+1

I'm definitely going to have to grab some of these when I've got some PayPal funds to my name. Awesome stuff! Glad to see that the concept has not only succeeded, but is being followed up by an awesome looking iPad stylus to boot.

I love the dock-port stylus clip... although it would make me slightly nervous. The port isn't exactly delicate, but I don't like the idea of tempting fate.

Congratulations for the sucess of this Project. :) THe X Stylus looks very Professional and the Metal Stylus for the IPad even more.

The fact, that the X tylus fits also in the Pandora is nice, I just would prefer a dedicated Pandora X Stylus because such a Pen could be even bigger than a NDS Stylus. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be selling these styluses, hopefully in a better way than I sold the EXT connectors. I think I've got 250 of them coming. Something like that.

I should really do a review of the prototype some time but I'm just too lazybusy. It really is great. I love being able to slide it out and flip it to a comfortable grip with one hand and hold my console in the other. It is way, way better this way than the 3DS's original stylus. I find it a little better than the Pandora's stylus as well, but not nearly as good as it could have been if he'd gone with the original DS length. I understand why he decided to go with the 3DS compatible stylus instead of the original DS one, but that extra 4 or 5 mm would have made it so much more perfect.

Hi Elton,

+1
+2 from me.

Unfortunately I don't use a stylus for anything yet as I have an older model mobile phone and no Pandora. I would like to buy one or two of these as I think it's a great product which is well worth backing but paying for 4 all at once is a bit much at the moment with my limited funds :(

Mmm... I'd have to see one right next to a regular Pandora stylus or something that shows that it really does fit in flush...

Also, it would be much nicer if it had a metal core. I have a metal sculpted stylus for my Tapwave Zodiac - the heft/substance makes a big difference in use.

I am also really glad this project succeeded, congratulations :)

Looking forward to receiving my supply of styli (also for comparison against the Pandora prototype, which already replaced the default one).

I'll be selling these styluses, hopefully in a better way than I sold the EXT connectors. I think I've got 250 of them coming. Something like that.

I should really do a review of the prototype some time but I'm just too lazybusy. It really is great. I love being able to slide it out and flip it to a comfortable grip with one hand and hold my console in the other. It is way, way better this way than the 3DS's original stylus. I find it a little better than the Pandora's stylus as well, but not nearly as good as it could have been if he'd gone with the original DS length. I understand why he decided to go with the 3DS compatible stylus instead of the original DS one, but that extra 4 or 5 mm would have made it so much more perfect.
Give me a shout when you do and would like some PandoraPress coverage.

Hi guys,

I am so happy that the XStylus was not forgotten after we move to this forum. :)

@Mr_Loon believe it or not, I have actually made a special Pandora edition and have agreed to supply to the team before I started the XStylus Crayon project. But I guess the team has a lot of things to worry about, so I don't bother to bug them. As for now, since the XStylus Crayon fits prefectly on Pandora and works better than the stock stylus, the chance of Pandora edition to be produce may not be high.

@Grench Yes, a metal core would be nice but it will definitely jack up the price, based on my experience with XStylus Touch, the cost of a metal core stylus, even a small one will be quite expensive, $15+ each.

@WizardStan Thanks for your support.

@Gadgetoid I am talking to GAME to distribute my pen but it won't happen very soon. May be you can purchase it on our website directly. http://www.greenbulb.com/?page_id=22 . Regarding to the magnetic pen holder on the iPad charging port for XStylus Touch, I know what I am doing and here is the prove:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUtcyFoZ8MM?feature=oembed

@foxblock How are you doing lately?? Thanks again for all your help.

****Once again, I know the XStylus Touch, capacitive stylus for iPad is an off topic issue on this forum, but I would be appreciated if any of you can share the news out for me, through facebook or twitter. The project website is http://www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Touch. Thanks.

Here are the requested pic:

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

^ If it would help at all, the Other Consoles section (located down at the bottom of the main forum index) would be a good place to make an entire topic about the XStylus Touch. ;) It's quite an active section, since we all want to talk about other systems/games/etcetera from time to time.

@Grench Yes, a metal core would be nice but it will definitely jack up the price, based on my experience with XStylus Touch, the cost of a metal core stylus, even a small one will be quite expensive, $15+ each.

Our device prices out at $500 - if a person can even get their hands on one.

I spent $25 on a stainless steel sculpted stylus for my Tapwave Zodiac years ago. Then later I bought 3 more of them when they were closing them out so I'd never be without one (3/$20 at the time).

$15 would feel like a bargain for a folding stylus with heft that clipss into my Pandora's socket

$20 would feel about right

$25 would feel high, but I'd probably do it if shipping is included in the price

They would have to have screw-in nylon or the like replaceable tips of course - wouldn't want the stylus to damage the screen.

Awesome :)

Glad to see you managed to pull the project off :D

Now I need to pull Pandora production in Germany off and maybe we can include one of your stylus' with every Pandora from then on :)

Would be great :)

Hmmmmm...Shameless advertising plug. Now I want some!...great idea. I will be looking into this. I wonder if they are compatible with some military touch screens?

Wow, even if they are made in China?

Back