Release [Beta] Skunks

Gausen

This is a racing game by Victor Matei Petrescu similar to Stunts. It uses the Open Dynamics Engine for the physics and this port uses GLES for rendering. Here's the project page. You can add cars and tracks and save and replay sessions.

Controls:

Accelerate: B.

Brake: X.

Turn: Dpad.

Toggle reverse: A.

Change view: Y.

Camera rotate: L and R.

Joysticks are supported. The game will use the first one it founds. You can tweak joystick options in the config folder. I found dpad better than nubs for this driving style.

As it happens in stunts, be ready for some frustrating driving!

And enjoy.

And report bugs ;-D

Thanks to: 

Sebt3 for the guide on porting to GLES and the GLU library binary contained in Briquolo.

Pickle for the EGLport.

ptitSeb for the Codeblocks package and the fix for all missing libraries.

TrashyMG for finding that libGLUES_CM.so.0 was missing from the pnd.

Dmarschal for finding that permissions were wronlgy set.

Latest build is 0.0.0.6. Removed some libraries. Hoping that the issues on rebirth pandoras are solved.

skunks.pnd

Attachments

• skunks.pnd
    4.2 MB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I loved the original Stunts.. this is welcome.

Getting an error on startup:
error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

error while loading shared libraries: libGLUES_CM.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Ok. I'm adding it now, shortly will upload a new pnd. 

Edit: New pnd uploaded, missing library included.

The error message is still here.

I copied the .so.0 file to /usr/lib, hand started the file from /mnt/utmp/skunks and another error message came.

Code:
./sk-gl ./cars/car1 ./tracks/track1
./sk-gl: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version 'CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (requiried by ./sk-gl)

I'm on a Rebirth Pandora with latest firmware.

@Gausen

*EDIT* I peek inside your PND...

Many libs in codeblocks PND are newer than the firmware copy, and some are now need in the PND.

Assuming you have setup a "libs" folder, I have a tools that automaticly copy need libs to the folder. You should create a "lib" folder, but it's not mandatory, it works without. If you creat a lib, in your skunks.sh, you have to add

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/skunks/lib

Go to your lib folder, and type

copy_libs.sh ../sk-gl

it will copy all libs that are not fetched for /lib or /usr/lib.

You can try to clean up if you think to much libs are copied, but, for example, libstdc++.so.6 is needed (and a few other).

PS: try to do a few screenshot of the game using SnapSnap timer mode, I find it much better to have ingame screenshot on the repo.

Here a quick process:

* launch it, set it to 20sec

* close the first message

* with for dialog box

* close the dialog box with the Cross

* not the OK, launch the game

* play a bit for 2 ~ 3 min

* exit the game

* press Pandora button to bring the "kill" window

* kill "watch"

* and in you first SDCard in /Screenshoot, you just have to make your choice.

^ No, it's a 1GHz Pandora. I normally leave it at 800MHz, I use it  fullspeed for CPS3 or PSX emulation.

By the way, not on topic, but does CPSIII emulation work well on the 1Ghz Pandora? I tried Street Fighter III on my Rebirth but it's only running at like 5-10 FPS... 
Which emulator? I had ~40 fps on my first batch @ 900 MHz using FBA. It's running full speed on the GHz.

@Gausen

*EDIT* I peek inside your PND...

Many libs in codeblocks PND are newer than the firmware copy, and some are now need in the PND.

Assuming you have setup a "libs" folder, I have a tools that automaticly copy need libs to the folder. You should create a "lib" folder, but it's not mandatory, it works without. If you creat a lib, in your skunks.sh, you have to add

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/skunks/lib

Go to your lib folder, and type

copy_libs.sh ../sk-gl

it will copy all libs that are not fetched for /lib or /usr/lib.

You can try to clean up if you think to much libs are copied, but, for example, libstdc++.so.6 is needed (and a few other).

PS: try to do a few screenshot of the game using SnapSnap timer mode, I find it much better to have ingame screenshot on the repo.

Here a quick process:

* launch it, set it to 20sec

* close the first message

* with for dialog box

* close the dialog box with the Cross

* not the OK, launch the game

* play a bit for 2 ~ 3 min

* exit the game

* press Pandora button to bring the "kill" window

* kill "watch"

* and in you first SDCard in /Screenshoot, you just have to make your choice.
Thank you I'll try this. Since I cannot reproduce the issue it was becoming hard to fix.

Regarding screenshots, how do I append them to the pnd?

^ No, it's a 1GHz Pandora. I normally leave it at 800MHz, I use it  fullspeed for CPS3 or PSX emulation.
By the way, not on topic, but does CPSIII emulation work well on the 1Ghz Pandora? I tried Street Fighter III on my Rebirth but it's only running at like 5-10 FPS... 

Which emulator? I had ~40 fps on my first batch @ 900 MHz using FBA. It's running full speed on the GHz.
I use FBA, works ok.

For the screenshots, you put them in the PND (the root forler or a screenshot subdir, or elsewhere), then you add they're reference inside the PND, just before icon for example/

Here is sample (taken from cannonball pnd):

Code:
    <previewpics>

<pic src="preview1.png"/>

<pic src="preview2.png"/>

<pic src="preview3.png"/>

<pic src="preview4.png"/>

<pic src="preview5.png"/>

</previewpics>

<icon src="icon.png"/>

The error message is still here.

I copied the .so.0 file to /usr/lib, hand started the file from /mnt/utmp/skunks and another error message came.

./sk-gl ./cars/car1 ./tracks/track1
./sk-gl: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version 'CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (requiried by ./sk-gl)

I'm on a Rebirth Pandora with latest firmware.
Thanks for reporting. I'm uploading a new pnd, hopefully this time fixed.

For the screenshots, you put them in the PND (the root forler or a screenshot subdir, or elsewhere), then you add they're reference inside the PND, just before icon for example/

Here is sample (taken from cannonball pnd):

<previewpics>
        <pic src="preview1.png"/>
        <pic src="preview2.png"/>
        <pic src="preview3.png"/>
        <pic src="preview4.png"/>
        <pic src="preview5.png"/>
   </previewpics>
    <icon src="icon.png"/>
Thank you, I'll add them when the pnd is ready for the repo.

Thank's for porting it...i have builded a version some time ago and not pubblished because on my CC pandora it's really slow, plus my zenity skills are near zero...and it need some script to select files to show something.

I will test your version. :)

Back