Best Other Console

What is your fave other console and why?

• Zodiac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox

• PS2

• GC

• DC

• GBA

• GameKing*

• Total voters

TelcoLou posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:40 PM said:
PS2

Best. Controller. EVER.

Nah thats the Nights pad for the Sega Saturn (well for SF2 anyway!). ;)

PS2 pad is damn nice still. I don't like the non analogue controller part though. The way it's broken into four sections is annoying. Thankfully most games use analogue now anyway so not a significant gripe.

Oops drifting off topic again.

/waves Gamecube flag

Last edited by a moderator:
pAiN posted on Oct 29 2004 at 08:37 PM said:
poll is too incomplete to Answer. I like my Neo Geo pocket alot and i love my Saturn. When i have extra batteries around then my Virtual Boy is my fav. But none of those are on the poll

i meant current.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:40 PM said:
PS2

Best. Controller. EVER.
Ouch, you're joking, right? I hate the ps2 controller. Have they not figured out that the analogue stick should be in the default position by now? You have to break your thumbs to reach them. Plus the sides are too short. Try playing a fighting game with a PS2 controller, its impossible for more than 5 minutes without actually snapping your thumbs in half!

XBOX, although it only wins if its modded, since you can turn it into some kind of mega emulator super station + network capable multimedia player that can handle anything you throw at it.

Otherwise, I like my Dreamcast.

Steve-O posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
PS2 - GTA San Andreas makes the PS2 win Easilly :)

Roger that!

But why the hell is the DC in this poll? IT'S DEAD PEOPLE! Get over it.

If you're going to include the DC you might as well chuck in the Neo-Geo and the NES.

Steve-O posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
PS2 - GTA San Andreas makes the PS2 win Easilly :)

Roger that!

But why the hell is the DC in this poll? IT'S DEAD PEOPLE! Get over it.

If you're going to include the DC you might as well chuck in the Neo-Geo and the NES.
Its not dead.

Plus since this is a favourite console thread, and not a, "out of the currently commercially succesful next-generation consoles, which is your favourite?" thread, then the DC has every right to appear.

The poll author just wants to know which is your fave out of the ones he listed.

Also, the DC has countless games better than GTA SA.

Its not dead.

Yes it is. Just because it has an active homebrew scene and a few commercial games doesn't mean it isn't dead. Heck, the speccy and MSX have new commercial games but would you list those in this poll?

When I see a list that consists of 99% current consoles and ONE dead console, I have to ask why. I would have voted for the Neo-Geo had I been given the option, but I think this is a 'current consoles' thing. The DC is not one of them.

There is no such thing as a dead console....

How was it alive in the first place? Just because something isnt making money it doesnt mean its dead.

Money isnt everything.

How was it alive in the first place? Just because something isnt making money it doesnt mean its dead.

Money isnt everything.

What? Of course there's such a thing as a dead console; one that isn't making any money and doesn't recieve any support from developers. Dead. Gone. Finished. ie the DC.

Money isnt everything.

What? Of course there's such a thing as a dead console; one that isn't making any money and doesn't recieve any support from developers. Dead. Gone. Finished. ie the DC.
in that scenario, money is king.

In reality, people still play the DC, people still develop for the DC, and things are still released for the DC, so how is it dead???

In reality, people still play the DC, people still develop for the DC, and things are still released for the DC, so how is it dead???

Because it's not on the shop shelves any more (well, you can buy games second-hand, but that's true of MD and SNES games also) and there are only a handfull of commercial developers left willing to support it. Dead.

Because it's not on the shop shelves any more (well, you can buy games second-hand, but that's true of MD and SNES games also) and there are only a handfull of commercial developers left willing to support it. Dead.
Taking that ridiculous definition, the GP32 has never ever been alive.

Back