Best Other Console

What is your fave other console and why?

• Zodiac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox

• PS2

• GC

• DC

• GBA

• GameKing*

• Total voters

poll is too incomplete to Answer. I like my Neo Geo pocket alot and i love my Saturn. When i have extra batteries around then my Virtual Boy is my fav. But none of those are on the poll

I voted gameking cos i dont own any of the others.

Im a wallybrain! /singsong

Thats hard.
I have three other favorite consoles: GBA, Gamecube and Dreamcast.

But I had to vote for GBA, cause I have mine for a very long time and I really love it!
Gamecube is second, then Dreamcast.

Oh yeah, I forgot about my SNES and or course my PC.

The Dreamcast is great - particularly as though it seems to have no copy protection at all so these days you can down load the games you missed and try them out without all that chipping stuff.

It seems to me as though video game systems reached a plateau with the the DC as the improvements between systems are so much smaller now. The PS2 was a little bit better than the DC, the Game Cube is a little bit better than the PS2 and the XBox is a little bit better than the GC (in purely graphic output terms).

This is good in a way, as it is the games that matter now rather than the power of the console, but will we ever see the sort of technological jumps we saw between generations of machines in the 80's and 90's again?

Blah posted on Oct 29 2004 at 08:42 PM said:

PC is not a console, it is a computer. That don't count.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:40 PM said:
PS2

Best. Controller. EVER.

It is ok but I really don't like all of those shoulder buttons. The Xbox "S" controller is real good. The first Xbox controller "The Pumpkin" was the worst controller ever.

My DC is still running in my home & I still think it's one of the best machine ever made which never meet the success it would have merit! I totaly agree the words of WhizzBang and what's more the DC is the only true "open" machine as the GP32 ;p that's why I voted for DC :)

I cannot judge for Zodiac & gameking coz I don't got them ;)

the others machine don't brings me too much fun even if I'm puting some hope in few games which will be released soon ...

For future I'm really looking forward to NDS coz I think it'll offer some new fresh games "ideas" contrary to PSP which is "just" a handled PS2 (yeah it's already great of course but no real news here ...)
& of course the next GamePark machine will be mine asap for sure ;op

Steve-O posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
PS2 - GTA San Andreas makes the PS2 win Easilly :)

Haha it is great isn't it. Can't wait to get home from work and get back to it. :)

I have all of the above except the Zodiac and the GameKing. I think they're all superb machines. If I had to chose one at this particular time it would be the Gamecube as the complete Zelda series isn't on any of the others. I'm going to be playing my PS2 the most at the moment though for GTA - San Andreas (I didn't vote PS2 simply for this game as it's bound to be on Xbox next year).

snes- not that great. sure there were a few good games, but the genesis rocked so much harder. plus, genesis had a better controller ( the official sega 6 button... oooooh baby)

awaiting flames :p

arent there and old school sega fanboys/girls here tho? seems like this whole board is snes over genesis/megadrive

Back