Best NES Games

Die Hard

Cobra Triangle

Rygar

Wizards and Warriors 3

are all classics imo just too mention a few others ;)

Yeah Darkwing Duck is awesome.

One of my favourites is Blue Shadow / Shadow of the Ninja.

EDIT:

:D missed two pages of the thread.

The game still rocks though so it deserves to be mentioned at least twice :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll drop in a few famicom exclusive titles: (titles with (J) are hard to play unless you know japanese or use the translated version)

Twinbee - top down shooter with a fun powerup system where you have to bounce the powerups by shooting them until they increase in power.

Splatterhouse - A horror game with a dancing james brown vampire.. What more could you want?

Macross - A shooter based on Robotek. Pretty simple, but I like it.

Holy Diver - Somewhat similar to the Castlevania series.

Maze of Galious (J) - It's one of those long platformers where you need to go back and forth in a maze alot.

DonDokoDon - puzzle by taito, similar to bubble bobble

DonDokoDon 2

Binary Land - unique puzzle game where you must control 2 somewhat synchronized penguins at the same time and get them to the finish together.

Getsuu Fumaden (J) - This game plays somewhat like Zelda 2.

Recca, Summer Carnival '92 - Widely thought of as one of the most graphically impressive game on the NES. It is a really hard top down shooter.

Edit; boldified.

Hasn't this game never been perfectly emulated? Or at least, isn't it very difficult somehow?
It's mapper 69, which is not real widely used, but I think most emulators these days support it.

Hasn't this game never been perfectly emulated? Or at least, isn't it very difficult somehow?

I've had no problem running it in Mednafen anyway, including the Japanese version which uses a custom sound chip. I haven't tried on Pandora but I bet it works, since they both use FCEU to some extent.

That game is hard as all get out too, although I think they may have made the European release easier..

I recently discovered another game that I'm going to have to recommend here. :p

Bucky O'Hare - Platformer - Based on the comics and cartoon series of the same name (if you're unfamiliar with it, imagine mixing Star Wars with funny-animals and add in a human who's been transdimensionally warped into their parallel universe, and you're halfway there), Bucky O'Hare (unsurprisingly) places you in the role of the green rabbit, Captain Bucky O'Hare, as he sets out to rescue his crew from the evil Toad Empire. It plays much like a Mega Man game (although it was made by Konami, not Capcom), except instead of obtaining weapons from bosses, Bucky's rescued crew members carry different weapons, and you can switch to controlling them instead by pressing the Select button once you've saved them. The controls aren't quite as well-tuned as those in a Mega Man game, as they feel a bit looser, but it plays very well nonetheless. It also has a good soundtrack, and bosses that can be a bit merciless with some of their (sometimes screen-filling) moves.

Let's add mine

Blades of steel is one of my favourite nes game. A real hockey game,

with real fights, for a nes.

Super mario 1-2-3 Just saying Super mario gives them a meaning.

Zelda 1-2 Countless hours I spent trying to find dungeons in zelda1, or trying to find

the hammer in zelda2 when I was 8 years old.

Castlevania I didn't owned this game on Nes, but I played it on gameboy advance,

and really enjoyed it.

Excitebike Never really know why I would fall so often from my bike, but still

a classic for the Nes.

Metroid Really fun. Really, really fun.

Countless great games were released for the Nes. Enjoy yours!

I think we can add to this wonderful list -

The kick master

Snake Rattle n' Roll

Battletoads & Double Dragon

Vice: project doom

Bomber king

Whomp'em

No one has said Jackal, or heavy barrel.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Tetris and Dr. Mario!!! Some of my favourite NES games! I also like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde (I'm really good at that game) and Paperboy. Don't forget Demon Sword! I used to play The Incredible Crash Dummies and I liked it. Abadox is also good. Has anyone mentioned Bionic Commando? I also love that one. OH! and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

Kung Fu

Smash TV

Bad Dudes

Gyromite

Wrecking Crew

to add 5 on to the already mentioned favs

Will the R.O.B be compatible with Pandora? :)

Back