Best for emulation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-pzp6aboc

Scummvm runs just about perfectly on Pandora. Curse of Monkey Island is one of the best show pieces on the Pandora. The screen looks great and with headphones you visit another world, it really doesn't get much better.

Residual only runs GF, and it is only about 80% compatible I believe(I think it can be finished, but it runs a little slow).

PS1 and below emulation runs fabulous. The SNES is just about perfect exept for FX chip games. The DSP ones run great(Yoshis island, Super Mario Rpg. Megaman x3), but besides StarFox nothing else is really playable in the FX stable(Starfox is about 97% accurate which is awesome).

N64 is OK, at best(a few games are great, but not many). Mario 64 is a great show piece in this area,as it runs just about perfectly, which gives me hope that one day we will see a big improvement like we got with PS1 emulation(wink, wink:Notaz/Exophase/Ari64). Now don't get me wrong, there are many games that run great with high overclocking, and the anolog nubs really work well, but many games just run to slow and have many glitch problems.

Overall, the Pandora is top notch. I own a CFW PSP, but I never bothered to try and run emulation on it, as it just seemed like to much work, and the ghosting seemed to be just terrible, and for classic gaming, that is not cool. The Pandora has some ghosting, but no where near the PSP levels. I also didn't hack my PSP until after I had my Pandora, so by me having a full keyboard, touchscreen, opensource, I just figured the PSP would be a big step backwards and most of the community seemed to confirm my concerns, so I just stick with my Pandora ;) .

Chris

kq6 in dosbox ran great when I tested it shortly after pickles dosbox release. I bet it will be near perfect in qemu.

kq6 in dosbox ran great when I tested it shortly after pickles dosbox release. I bet it will be near perfect in qemu.
Eww, DOS... I don't like the DOS version as much. It doesn't have the better mouse cursors or high-resolution portraits. Plus, I haven't used DOSBox in forever, but isn't it affected by that other touchscreen bug in SDL (the offset one)?

Last edited by a moderator:
(Starfox is about 97% accurate which is awesome).
Fair warning, though: Star Fox runs at twice the speed it should, due to less-accurate SuperFX emulation being present in the version of Snes9x on which Snes9x4P is based, and there's nothing that the end-user can do about that, unfortunately.

If you mastered it on real hardware, chances are you may find it to be unplayable, as this doubled speed breaks the way the game was designed and makes some things unnecessarily difficult, since the game was designed around the way it runs on real hardware.

Fair warning, though: Star Fox runs at twice the speed it should, due to less-accurate SuperFX emulation being present in the version of Snes9x on which Snes9x4P is based, and there's nothing that the end-user can do about that, unfortunately.

If you mastered it on real hardware, chances are you may find it to be unplayable, as this doubled speed breaks the way the game was designed and makes some things unnecessarily difficult, since the game was designed around the way it runs on real hardware.
There is something you can do about it, though. If you disable frameskip, set it to software rendering, and underclock a little (400 MHz seems to be good), you'll cause the emulator itself to lag almost as much as Star Fox does on the SNES. Of course, it's not perfect and the sound then plays very slowly, but this could be a helpful if you don't care about sound but do care very much about Star Fox's speed.

There is something you can do about it, though. If you disable frameskip, set it to software rendering, and underclock a little (400 MHz seems to be good), you'll cause the emulator itself to lag almost as much as Star Fox does on the SNES. Of course, it's not perfect and the sound then plays very slowly, but this could be a helpful if you don't care about sound but do care very much about Star Fox's speed.
:rolleyes: If you believe it hard enough, onpon4, if you believe it hard enough...

Believe me, I have tried everything. There is nothing an end-user can do to make it run correctly. Not some facsimile of falsified lagging that's actually not that close to the real thing - *correctly*. It is not possible at this time.

:rolleyes: If you believe it hard enough, onpon4, if you believe it hard enough...

Believe me, I have tried everything. There is nothing an end-user can do to make it run correctly. Not some facsimile of falsified lagging that's actually not that close to the real thing - *correctly*. It is not possible at this time.
I don't "believe" it. I have done it. I did it right before making that post. Don't you remember? I misinterpreted the slowdown as a sound glitch a while back, then I looked back and noticed the emulator was just lagging.

I don't "believe" it. I have done it. I did it right before making that post. Don't you remember? I misinterpreted the slowdown as a sound glitch a while back, then I looked back and noticed the emulator was just lagging.

She isn't questioning whether or not you've done it, but how much this actually mimics the slowdown of the real game.

The timing characteristics of something you're emulate can have a very uneven correlation with what you're emulating on. A lot of things that may be expensive on the emulated device are cheap on the host device and vice-versa. So underclocking the Pandora and doing other things to suck up cycles isn't going to make the timing like the original.

She isn't questioning whether or not you've done it, but how much this actually mimics the slowdown of the real game.

The timing characteristics of something you're emulate can have a very uneven correlation with what you're emulating on. A lot of things that may be expensive on the emulated device are cheap on the host device and vice-versa. So underclocking the Pandora and doing other things to suck up cycles isn't going to make the timing like the original.
The timing is off and it isn't a solution, but it is still something you can do about it.

Psp is not very good because for home it's better to have it connected to tv and playing with controllers is better,which psp can't do so it's not worth buying.

Pandora can do all that with ease.

Snes is awesome plays most games full speed but fx games won't all run properly but starfox is very playable.

N64 is quiet good plays many games but not all at the moment,it can play more games than psp emuator that's for sure,pandora can play these at good speeds F-zero,mario 64,extreme g 1,2,mario kart 64,forsaken,fighters destiny 1,2,bio freaks,f1 world grand prix 1,2 and many others.

Arcade emulation you have fba which plays perfect and also inc. cps3 which plays street fighter III:3rd strike fight for the future and mame ex plays most new old games inc. street fighter ex plus alpha 1,2 also new emulator is released called panmame which has nice feature move videos with game highlighted from the list.

Pc games inc. albion,doom,flashback and of course Quake III:arena

Pandora is an amazing gaming console which gives you more than 1000+ games in one device and has 2 sd cards slots to storage your games.

The Pandora's PSP emulator has a couple of imperfections, and a few games can slow down a bit at some points, but it's pretty much perfect, and you get CD audio and dual analogue sticks as well! :D

Oh gawd yes. Does the Pandora really have PSP emulation capabilities? If that's the case, expect a fully-loaded PSP Go and a fully-loaded GP2X F100 on eBay some time soon.

Back