Best Colecovision games

Michoko

Coleco was my first console ever. At this time, this console was a beast, and introduced me to the magical world of video games. ;) I was 11 at that time (yup, I'm getting old), and I still can remember how amazed I was in front of my TV screen.

Here are some recommendations:

- Cosmic Avenger : The first game I ever purchased. A nice horizontal shooter, certainly one of the most colorful and technically advanced games on the console (at least in my memories).

- Venture : Explore dungeons, visit the various rooms and fight monsters. You'll have to use your imagination, but that's exactly what makes it fun! Definitely an old school "Dungeons & Dragons" flavour.

- Zaxxon : Is it necessary to introduce this classic isometric shooter? ;) Still a classic.

- Donkey Kong : Again another huge classic. It was included in the Colecovision package and certainly contributed to its successful launch.

- Omega Race : Certainly the game I played the most on this system. Mainly due to its "versus" mode that we enjoyed for hours with a good friend of mine. Basically it's "Thrust" or "Asteroids" in an arena with bouncing walls and warp zones. Chase each other among mines, neverending fun! :)

Have fun!

Michoko

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
How could you forget Smurf:Rescue in Gargamel's Castle? It's classic!

Michoko

Indeed, how could I? :) Blame it on the old age I guess... ;)

Yup, Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle was very cool. I remember a friend of mine had lent the cartridge to me for a few days only, so I couldn't push it to the limits, but it was certainly enjoyable.

alerino

Montezuma's Revenge,

yes, again

Colecovision's version adds more scenarios and perils to the 2600 one

i've been playing it for quite a while since i got my pandora, lots of fun

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
I still have my colecovision I bought new in the early 80s. I had most of the games above, got most from a voucher I won from a Colecovision comp. cosmic avenger and Looping were my favs

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumpman

Advanced Member
So many great memories from CV. This was my first console as well, and of all my childhood Christmases, this was hands down my favorite gift EVER! I can still remember that morning like it was yesterday. I don't think I ever harassed my parents more for any gift. 

I owned almost every game mentioned above, but SPY HUNTER was one of my favs. It was probably my last game purchased, and it was one of the CV finest games. I don't know how many users even knew it was released, as it came out near the end of the CV life cycle. I also had all the add-ons(steering wheel, play action controllers, trackball, & 2600 adapter).

Sadly, I sold my entire collection for $180 dollars back in 85-86 so I could buy an NES. The CV truly was ahead of it's time, and was just flat out so much fun.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Fzero

Advanced Member
I've not got many I can recall, I was going to say Smurfs too, but see it was added already :)

Gorf is a classic, though I didn't have the Coleco version.

River Raid is great too, I'm going to have to play that later today now