Beauty competition.

If I got it right, the buttons won't be coated so we have some black anyhow. If we get one color only, is it feasible to have the screens bezels in black anyway ? I don't think it would look out of place with black nubs, even with the hinge part on the bottom. Of course we might need a picture to help decide ;)
black-inner-bezel-1-png.36108

(from @Christoph.Km)

If every order had the option to 'customize' every piece of this, [...]
Oh, now I get it. I mean it as a suggestion for the default!

And by the way (as a general note to everyone), the two pictures I uploaded are actually different, I bunged that up.
Check the descriptions, one is with black bezel, the other with black bezel and a partly black bottom. A Link to the Post

@levi : Exactly. @Christoph.Krn's post was one of the reasons I brought it up. I forgot to mention it as I initially discarded the idea as infeasible... then @EvilDragon came with the possibility of manufacturing both cases. So then again :
Which parts will be coated and which could be black if we adopt Dark Chrome / Chromium / Gunmetal / Whatever Grey ?

?
You don't have time to watch a video from ED? What is this? You need to look at your priorities, mate ;)

If my Eye Glasses are not perfect clean, the reflection on my Smartphone make me tired at the evening, so I fell asleep bevor 10 pm , so I had to watch the video this morning, but unfortunately I was awake too late ^^

But now I had the Time to watch the Video, and I’m still prefer the Dark Chrome Case..
Also it reminds me a bit on my Platin Pandora, so not everyone would notice I have a new Mini Computer (after 9 Years)

Whit best regards, Matthias

yes i will probably get one of each, once financials allow, and try mixing the colors. ED, let us please throw money at you as soon as you feel comfortable to take it. :D

Money hurts.
Cents are not worth the pain and the 2€ pieces are really heavy.
I would not throw them at him.
And paper money will fly randomly through the air.
So no use in throwing it either.

Money hurts.
Cents are not worth the pain and the 2€ pieces are really heavy.
I would not throw them at him.
And paper money will fly randomly through the air.
So no use in throwing it either.
You can fold almost any paper into a functional paper aeroplane if you need to. But with most paper money being plastic these days it's not so practical any more.

:p I think the release of the pyra will brighten up many folks here.

But to derail even more, I managed to break my sd cards while holding them to long in my wallet, does anyone know if and where you can by spare plastic sd-cases that hold the chip...? This chips and its contact points are intact but it just the plastic outer casing that broke.
Also and additionally, how should you format your sd card before putting the pandora image to the root directory, trying to revive the old pandora, just solderd the right nub back on and I get to the boot menu but I miss the boot from SD option with an sd present in the left sd-slot.
This is the SD card case I use. I didn't know how many SD cards I had until I started collecting them as I find them and putting them in the case. I'm ready to buy a second case at this point and need to stop buying more SD cards!

case.jpg

Which parts will be coated and which could be black if we adopt Dark Chrome / Chromium / Gunmetal / Whatever Grey ?
It will all be coated, in a pigment and a laquer. The only difference between colours is that in one the colour is black and the other dark chrome.

Back in the day, ED let you order specific parts of Pandora bits and pieces, and I bought a smattering of them intending to customise my Pandora. Never got round to that, and after I ordered mine, he simplified his shop into supplying three or four different sets of parts, perhaps due to the faff of putting my order together ;) As such I doubt he'll go back to supplying individual pyra parts, but maybe he'll supply lid inners alone if enough people are interested.

This is the SD card case I use. I didn't know how many SD cards I had until I started collecting them as I find them and putting them in the case. I'm ready to buy a second case at this point and need to stop buying more SD cards!

View attachment 36114

I meant the plastic of which the sd card is made... not a case to hold them but the case that embeds the sdcard chip itself.
Post automatically merged:

There's this if you have access to a 3D printer.

No sadly not but nice find

I could imagine that it's beneficial to not coat the moving parts (nubs, shoulder buttons) to not make them thicker. It'd also look cooler, but that's just me.
What throws me off is that in the video the nubs are grey. Probably from a test run, but what is the plastic color before coating gonna be now?

I meant the plastic of which the sd card is made... not a case to hold them but the case that embeds the sdcard chip itself.
Post automatically merged:

No sadly not but nice find
You could always ask the poster in that link to print and send you one, or generate a CAD file yourself, convert it to .stl and send it off to someone on Shapeways or something similar for them to print out and send to you?

I could imagine that it's beneficial to not coat the moving parts (nubs, shoulder buttons) to not make them thicker. It'd also look cooler, but that's just me.
What throws me off is that in the video the nubs are grey. Probably from a test run, but what is the plastic color before coating gonna be now?
Well, I do hope they will not coat the screen while they are at it...
(No need to answer, I am already too far away to hear you...)

So does that mean nubs, shoulder buttons and styluses will all get coated in chrome ?
Yes to shoulder buttons and stylus, but I'm not expecting the nubs to be coloured because they haven't been so far. Nice idea though, unless it were to make them more slippy in use.

Edit: @elvissteinjr; good spot about that video. I hadn't noticed the first time I watched it.

Last edited:
Coating is mainly done to remove ugly marks on the polycarboanate case and nubs are not part of the case, they are sourced differently. Shoulder buttons and stylus are produced along with the case so they need to be coated.

I'm not sure I'm too keen on a logo surround that's darker than the case. Plus also, unlike the case itself, it's designed to be shiny. I'm wondering what a polished lead colour would look like now.

Back