Dark theme

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
This is not a high priority at all, but can we have a dark theme?  Maybe white text on a black background.  It would save my eyes a bit when the light are out.
If you want to get really funky, maybe green or amber on black instead.

I am willing to do this myself if someone points me in the right direction and it will be added.

Should easily be possible. I'll look into that.

Maybe you can use the Pyra theme and swap black and white to save yourself some time.  Not sure if the off white/grey stuff would need to be changed.

I ran out of likes again, and forgot to like your post.

Finally! Normal people :D

However, I think it's a good idea to lower the contrast a bit. Black and white is never a good combination, but dark and light grey, or black and a slightly light grey is.

Off-topic:
I cannot write a reply in Opera Webbrowser anymore. It seems to be caused by the new theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! Normal people :D

Whoa, now.  I wouldn't go so far as to call myself that. :p

However, I think it's a good idea to lower the contrast a bit. Black and white is never a good combination, but dark and light grey, or black and a slightly light grey is.

Off-topic:
I cannot write a reply in Opera Webbrowser anymore. It seems to be caused by the new theme.

I agree on grey vs black and white, however swapping the colors is probably easier than trying to find a good combination.  I frequently use a very dark grey in place of black, and sometimes a light grey instead of black.  

A bit of a side note, although I like the look, it also helps if real black and white get mixed in, such as when web browsing, and I can usually still see the text or whatever is black or white.  I could fix it, but I am lazy, and my greys work.

A dark theme would be nice. I have absurdly sensitive eyes.. so black backgrounds with another colour is always nice. Green, Amber or any of the dos monitors colours would be... Nifty I think :D

Have one be normal dark and then have the CRT themes for those who want that. I'd be using the amber if you gave me such an option

Screen_Image_Amber.gif

^_^

Back