Beauty competition.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Ok so who is number 1 in the queue for a Pyra? I need someone to direct my envy at. Once again I have no clue where I might be... in the queue that is... I am in the second batch. I missed the elitists boat...kidding... obviously...
If the newer news post poll is to be believed (and doesn't receive a sudden reverse set of votes), it'll be @daveshah. As long as your envy doesn't affect his coding powers, I don't have a problem with that. @vcoleiro is number 4 or number 5 now. I'm number 55 according to my PCB, and you're welcome to envy me if you like, although I'm not sure how envyworth a number like that is.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter

Here another video I have just done. This time I use mupen64 and FZero. I also I recorded using 60fps capability of my phone. I think this time the smoothness show better, but unfortunatly, there is still some "blinking" due to the pwm of the backlight screen that shows (it doesn't in real life). But there is no blinking in the Keyboard...

(mmm, maybe I should have posted this on the other thread, but I didn't want to divert the the subject about the Poll)

Last edited:

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
Thanks for that! Hard to tell from the clip, but it looks like the Pyra's screen contrast is a lot better. In the previous video it just looked dark, but there looks like a distinct improvement in this latest video.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Yeah, there were 200 pre-preorders, and those got numbered unpopulated prototype PCBs for their money. I'd be surprised if any of them cancelled yet but you never know. Other preorders didn't get anything to indicate their position in the queue but can work it out more or less by looking at the timed records (that link is the only text file still accessible on that site, or you could look at my old thread which runs until those shop redesign)

docbroke

Banned

Here another video I have just done. This time I use mupen64 and FZero. I also I recorded using 60fps capability of my phone. I think this time the smoothness show better, but unfortunatly, there is still some "blicking" due to the pwm of the backlight screen that shows (it doesn't in real life). But there is no blinking in the Keyboard...

(mmm, maybe I should have posted this on the other thread, but I didn't want to divert the the subject about the Poll)
Great job with N64.
How many more emulators are confirmed working on Pyra ?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Yeah, there were 200 pre-preorders, and those got numbered unpopulated prototype PCBs for their money. I'd be surprised if any of them cancelled yet but you never know. Other preorders didn't get anything to indicate their position in the queue but can work it out more or less by looking at the timed records (that link is the only text file still accessible on that site, or you could look at my old thread which runs until those shop redesign)
Ah ok. So the initial batch of pre-orders was 200. I believe I am relatively close to the start of the second pre-order queue. Then hopefully there will not be much delay in me getting mine once production starts.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Yes, the initial pre-preorderers (not a typo) were the first 200 orderers. Standard pre-orders came later. But that has no influence on batch sizes that will be produced, which I think last time I heard were 500 at a time at least to begin with (actually 550 with 10% spoils, which technically gives a batch size of 495 but never mind that).

Djoga'Ro

moonstruck
I'm number 55 according to my PCB, and you're welcome to envy me if you like, although I'm not sure how envyworth a number like that is.
As a Schnapszahl it grants quite a bit of envy-ability - at least from some.

Phlyra

That link must be buried somewhere. My order was recent so I'm sure y'all will get yours before me, 23 March 2020.
Also the order monitoring mechanism was interrupted by the update to this forum website, wasn’t it?