Beauty competition.

Btw what are the “heat spreaders”?
They spread heat from small hot components to a larger area for more efficient dissipation. Compared to heat sinks they don't have much heat capacity, so the total heat flow must be something that area can get rid of. Sometimes IIRC they're also used like cheaper heat pipes to transfer heat to a heat sink if one is shared between many components.

EDIT: Seems my terminology was a tiny bit off, read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_spreader

They spread heat from small hot components to a larger area for more efficient dissipation. Compared to heat sinks they don't have much heat capacity, so the total heat flow must be something that area can get rid of. Sometimes IIRC they're also used like cheaper heat pipes to transfer heat to a heat sink if one is shared between many components.

EDIT: Seems my terminology was a tiny bit off, read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_spreader
Thanks for the info! So these are potentially instead of the heat pipes, or additional to? IIRC, the heat pipes are supposed to be arriving any day now...

Well, I don't think the pain of having too cancel my pre order has ever been as painful as when you posted that Dark Chrome Pyra :'(

"Quick look" then we get nearly a 20 minute video.
It is super appreciated though. You did a thorough job of comparing it to enough devices and rotating it through heaps of angles.
It was interesting hearing the back stories of the coating and watching you scratch the case was awesome until the screwdriver started damaging the uncoated case. That sound hurt :p

I would really hope that we could be happy with a single colour for the first run or two. There are already 6 different models (although the 2GB was in a tiny minority) and if there are 2 colours that brings the options to 12. I'm all for keeping things simple. (Having said that, I'm still looking forward to the possibility of a red and blue version in the future)
But looking forward to throwing money at you for the final purchase.
@EvilDragon how much extra time is it likely to take to organise and carry out a choice of colours for the first 1,000 units, compared to taking a vote and only doing them in the winning colour, then offering the other colour as a future accessory case (maybe with a discount for those who wanted that colour) ?

I agree with @Askarus re the black one, it looks miles better in video (I did suspect so), so I'm a little conflicted now.

Would like to see the chrome again in video fully assembled, if possible.

Both of them are winners I think. Awesome!

I appreciate the comparison with the PS controller too. makes it easier to imagine in reality.

I liked the chrome version but it doesn't look good on the video. It may be the camera though, we need a video with not perfect lighting.
The black coating looks gorgeous.
The logo feels like some pigeon shit on my gorgeous, infinite like, all dark black precious Pyra. I don't know if I can live with it.

Join us! Join us on the dark (chrome) side!

Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Black-Chrome-Normal-Cosbaby.jpg

Thanks for the video.

Both look great. I don't know which one I prefer, but then it turns out I don't need to know it, Either finally there's only one option, or I seem to understand ED plans to offer two options for sale.
Then I'll decide at the moment of purchase, according to the options that are available then. It may depend on silly things like the combination of the color of the case and the input controls or whatever.

So I don't think the case needs any more time dedicated. I thought ED needed input to decide color, but if he's offering both, then not even this discussion is needed.
If I were ED, I would go on with the rest of tasks (and some rest). Good luck.

Yeah...looking at the photo's chrome is better, but on the video black is better...i don't know now what are better to choise.
Maybe i need another video with both color assembled and running to decide.

I liked the chrome version but it doesn't look good on the video. It may be the camera though, we need a video with not perfect lighting.
The black coating looks gorgeous.
The logo feels like some pigeon shit on my gorgeous, infinite like, all dark black precious Pyra. I don't know if I can live with it.
Why not just paint it yourself once you’ve received it?

Soo... like in the video. Which didn't have any specific lighting setup, just the normal lighting of my room.

Water-Resistant black pen.
Or black self-adhesive tape.

Problem solved.

Back