Beat2x Beat Generator V3 For Linux Released

AndrewTheArt

Still Fresh
AndrewTheArt's Beat2x Beat Generator v3 - Linux Edition (ported to Mono!)

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,17,2442

What it is

A very simple "step file" (.bxe) generator for the Beat2x interpreter, ported to Mono by AndrwewTheArt. This version run in Mono in Linux, and behaves exactly the same as the Windows versions that runs with the .NET Framework. It provides no real useful functionality from the Windows version (although there are minor differences, read the Updates/Enhancements section)

It basically plays any .wav, .mp3, .ogg , and possily other formats (any format that mplayer accepts), while allowing you to create a .bxe file simultaneously with some key presses. It certainly beats going into Audacity and looking for the milliseconds.
[cut]

Requirements and Notes
This version requires and performs correctly with the following packages-

(1) mono-core (version 1.2.5)
(2) mono-winforms (version 1.2.5)
(3) mplayer (version 1.0rc2, although most if not all versions should theoretically work) (check in the packman repository)

If I have left out a requirement, please forgive me. If this program does not run with these requirements, install more mono packages as you see fit. However, I am fairly certain it will run with these installed.

To determine what versions of the above programs you do or do not have installed either click on the "Help/About" box at the top roght of the program or open up a console and type in things like mono --version, mplayer --version ...etc. You package manager should assist you here greatly.

Updates/Enhancements as of 6/17/07

The Linux version of the Beat Generator provides no new real functionality from the Windows version of the Beat Generator. However, I would like to point out -

(1) Using mplayer should allow you to playback virtually any file format.
(2) There is much more Linux- centric exception catching in this version, for things like file permissions, etc
(3) The "Help/About" button on the top right displays basic information about your mono and mplayer version - useful for debugging purposes.

Credits

Programmed entirely by Andrew Stein (AndrewTheArt)
[/cut]

Back