Bbc Micro Port?

I officially second this request!

I'm using Horizon on Mac OSX for BBC emulation, but something on the GP32 would be great! I think there are a few emus around which could be ported - the requirements cant be too high surely...?

®

Beebem is the one to go for.

Very easy to get working (compiling) for the GP.

No idea on video etc though the BBC has some hires modes.

Good starter project for someone who wants to look at porting emus.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

That emu doesn't look like one good to port... It uses DirectX sooooo.... But theres prolly some other one better to port :)

Anybody know of any news on this one? I remember seeing a friend playing a game called Citadel and didn't think about it again until I received my GP32. I found out it was on the BBC Micro, but there were no emulators *cries*.

Has no one run with it yet then?

I have no legs (metaphorically coding etc. wise) so I couldn't. I think I'll stop typing now...

As far as I know, there are a couple of half finished emulators which have been developed - Craigix wrote one and fdave wrote one which could run Repton 3 (with sound!)...

Maybe one day...

There's another one out there that's been done to a usable level (minus sound), but the guy who ported it has basically moved over to the Zodiac scene and doesn't think its in a sufficiently finished state to release. Which is a pity...

That's a real shame as a beeb emulator would be great for the GP32. The beeb is one of the machines which stirs the most nostalgia in many people here in the UK as it was used in schools.

I remember reading about the ARM similarities between the GP32 and the BBC - I had no idea 3 emus were sitting gathering dust, someone HAS to finish one!

®

Tobriand: Any chance of some contact details so I can politely ask him for a copy? I can think of so many beeb games that would be perfect on the GP32 - all the original Acornsoft games for a start...

Yeah lets start a petition or pool some funds for the 1st usable full sound emulator! Would that sort of thing work? I'm new to all this...

I'd put £20 up to start the pot off, how much money would it take to make people take note and get doing what ever they do?

It's a huge shame there is no bbc emulator for the gp32, there are tons of master system and nes ones but no bbc. I'd love to be able to play carnival, meteors, hopper, jcb digger and revs on my gp32 even if they are slow with no sound.

I would 100% on my word give a £1O for anyone that makes a BBC Emu that runs chuckie egg and arkanoid and spyhunter. Thats £30 or $50ish already....

I'd love to see a BBC emulator which runs Elite, Repton, Exile and stuff I remember from school like Granny's Garden and Droom. With the chatboard we could all start programming in LOGO again!

*LOGO
FD 100

®

Squidge posted on Sep 17 2004 at 07:53 PM said:
Blimey, is that £10 per game then?! You must be desperate :)

Do it squidge... U know u want to.......

DOOOOOO IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back