Release Battle For Wesnoth 1.6.2

EvilDragon said:
The problem with moving mouse buttons to gaming buttons was that games that used mouse AND gaming controls at the same time would cause trouble.
Ah, OK. Sounds like they "borrow" their Mouse from the OS? :)
Can games have their own "Mouse-Mode"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivanovic said:
God Ginrai said:
Ivanovic said:
EvilDragon said:
Ivanovic said:
Just right-click on an empty hex when you got a unit selected.

Right-click is not comfy with a touchscreen :)
Oah, details! Once there is middleclick support for the right nub (the kernel change is already in git!), you can simply use the nubs for controlling. The left one moves the mouse cursor. If you hold down the right one (aka "middleclick") and move the left one, you move the screen section. Clicking, doubleclicking and rightclicking are possible already, too... Yeah, life would have been easier if the shouler buttons by default implemented left and rightclicking, but that ain't the case... ;)

Using the nubs to emulate mouseclicks is ok for some people, but I don't like it that much. I would much prefer ABXY to be mapped to those, or one of the triggers. I think it would work much better that way.

-God Ginrai
Yes, I do think the same. The problem is that this is the available default config and it can't easily be changed now that the firmware is out without breaking backwards compatibility with existing programs.

EvilDragon said:
The problem with moving mouse buttons to gaming buttons was that games that used mouse AND gaming controls at the same time would cause trouble.

Nonono... Ivanovic misunderstood me. I don't need mouse buttons in the OS (except maybe as some Fn combination with the shoulders) because I use the touch screen most of the time. I wanted the mouse buttons mapped to abxy IN WESNOTH, which is possible and doesn't cause any other problems with other programs.

-God Ginrai

I got the latest release to build, man this is one monster program!i had issues with the autotools boost stuff, hacked it out.see if it works....

update: dont use -02, found a cpasjuste comment on the maemo forums, did that and its working ;-)

milkshake said:
the latest version is now 1.8.2 do u reckon that could be compiled?
Got something better for you, head over here and try 1.8.3:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55033-battle-for-wesnoth-1-8-3/

Back