Beta Patari

MWeston said:
It works, but didn't support my game pad so I couldn't actually do anything in game. :)
Hum crap, what is your gamepad ? Is your gamepad working at all on the pandora (i bet yes)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Logitech dual action. It works fine in your SMS emu. I just noticed I can use the touchscreen in this program (although X/Y backwards). Are you supporting the on board keyboard too? Right now, I can't try any software since I don't have a USB keyboard and I have the PCB bottom side up for testing so I have no keyboard control at all. :)

MWeston said:
I have a Logitech dual action. It works fine in your SMS emu. I just noticed I can use the touchscreen in this program (although X/Y backwards). Are you supporting the on board keyboard too? Right now, I can't try any software since I don't have a USB keyboard and I have the PCB bottom side up for testing so I have no keyboard control at all. :)
I have a basic logitech gamepad (not dual action) and it work fine.
If you want to the correct X/Y axis with the TS, just export this before loading the emulator : "export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB"

Obligatory W00t!

Sadly, I cannot afford a Pandora yet, but you better believe I have an Atari emulator on my GP2X! :gp2x

I don't know if its too early to think about design choices, but one important thing to think about when developing those emulators (sms, atari, etc) is that there are 1000s of games, so surfing thru the list might need to be smooth
stylus dragndrop to make the list roll would be nice, as would pageup/pagedown using L and R, fine-select using the left analog or dpad, etc
if it's not asking for too much, when you sort more important stuff first ;)

I can't test it, but I'd like to add that it would be nice for it to work with the upcoming Pandora Emulator Frontend, which probably means that if settings have to be changed to play different games properly, those settings should be accessible from the command line.

Cpasjuste said:
Here is a great Atari 520 emulator compiled for the pandora, ready to play with when you'll get a pandora board :)

http://mydedibox.fr/_stuff/patari_0.1.zip

I dont have a pandora to run this on (yet) but I'd like to when I get my retail unit...

What kind of Atari emulation is this capable of? i.e. does it emulate and Atari STFM or an Atari STE.

So many emulators that claim to be atari emulators have only been capable of emulating an FM accurately, some offering some 'E features' but I have never seen a fully working runs-all-games stE emulator...ever.

having said that though, it's been a long time since I checked for a SteEm update (an official STE emulator), I imagine they would have it cracked by now. Not sure if STeEm is open source tho..

Back