Battery Issues!

Tenshi Cat

Still Fresh
Website
tenshi-cat.tumblr.com
Hello! I started up my Pandora today to find that the battery was at 11%, even though I charged it fully the last time I used it a few days ago! Then when I put it on charge, put it on sleep and checked back about 15 minutes later, the charge level was still at 11% even though the charging light was on! That problem seems to have alleviated and it is charging now, albeit very slowly. Any ideas what's going on here, please? =3

Last edited by a moderator:
This is typical of a battery not making full contact. Fold up some tissue or toilet paper and close it in behind the battery to put just a little bit more force behind it.

This is typical of a battery not making full contact. Fold up some tissue or toilet paper and close it in behind the battery to put just a little bit more force behind it.
Oh, that makes sense given the battery door is creaking a bit! I'll try that and let you know if it works, thank you very much! ^^

Edit: I put in a bit of toilet paper and now the battery door is a very tight fit! But, it's still taking a very long time to charge... like, 1% every 10 minutes... is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: I put in a bit of toilet paper and now the battery door is a very tight fit! But, it's still taking a very long time to charge... like, 1% every 10 minutes... is that normal?
No, should be closer to 1% every 2 or 3 minutes, depending on use. A full charge should take about 4-5 hours tops.

Hmmm... I am assuming this is with the AC charger, not charging by USB? USB would take a little while longer. Can't think of anything else right now, but maybe something'll strike me tomorrow.

No, should be closer to 1% every 2 or 3 minutes, depending on use. A full charge should take about 4-5 hours tops.

Hmmm... I am assuming this is with the AC charger, not charging by USB? USB would take a little while longer. Can't think of anything else right now, but maybe something'll strike me tomorrow.
Yeah, this is on the AC charger. I'm putting it on sleep and briefly putting it back on every now and then to see how much it's charged. It doesn't really matter if it takes a long time to charge, I'm just worried if it loses it's charge when not in use again.

I presume it's normal that it gets quite hot while charging. =P

Thanks for your continued support! ^^

Define "hot"?

It should get kind of warm, like a nice bath. If it's hot like a cup of coffee that would be bad, and may be a symptom of a very bad battery which you may want to stop using right away and contact the store you got it from for a battery replacement.

Define "hot"?

It should get kind of warm, like a nice bath. If it's hot like a cup of coffee that would be bad, and may be a symptom of a very bad battery which you may want to stop using right away and contact the store you got it from for a battery replacement.
It's fine, I'd describe it as like a nice bath. Sorry to worry you.

Thanks! ^^

Sorry to double post... but I'm afraid the battery is still charging really slowly, and losing charge even when not in use. Turned it on just now and it was at 44%, whereas it was at 70% when I last turned it off (and it was a full shutdown).

Definitely sounds like a bad battery. It happens sometimes, nothing is 100% flawless. Contact the store you got it from (either Craig's or EvilDragon's) and inform them of the situation. I'm sure they'll be happy to swap out the battery.

Back