Charging issues

doctorcheese

Still Fresh
Hello!

I have had trouble charging my Pandora for a while; I can’t get the charge light to stay on consistently. I originally thought it was a problem with the supplied charger, so I bought a PSP charger but I still have the same problem.

If I wiggle the AC jack around, the charge light comes on and off, but it won’t stay on for any length of time to charge the battery, it usually just floats around 6-8%.

I guess something is loose internally? What should I do?

What happens when you just plug in the Pandora without the battery being in the unit?

FYI: Don't go adding/removing the battery while its plugged in. While the unit is turned off and the battery is removed, plug the unit into the AC adapter. What happens?

a bit of an extreme here, but physically check the power connector, see how the plastic/rubber issue is around it, and if yuo maybe have to trim some down to help with the contact. ive seen people mention this before, so you never know

What happens when you just plug in the Pandora without the battery being in the unit?

It starts to boot but the power cuts out with any slight movement.

The connection looks fine to me, what should I look out for?

Sounds like something with the connection for the power supply. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

How long have you had your Pandora? Was it always an issue, or something more recent?

It started a few months after I got it, last summer. I forgot about it until now because I had a lot going on. Would really like to revive my Pandora.

Would it be safe for my to clean the contacts with alcohol or something? It may just be dirty?

Sounds like there may be a cold solder joint or some other intermittent disconnect.. knowing the issue with the circuit co. boards I wouldn't doubt something like that could happen.

Unless you live in a real humid climate, I doubt your connector got dirty enough to cause a bad connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I solved it by shaving some of the plastic off the end of the connecter, thanks DaMummy.

Looking closely, it seems like my dc jack doesn't quite match up with both my chargers, like they weren't designed to go together (probably true)

Back