Pandora charging issues

Speaking of charging can the Pandora handle 2.1amps? For ease during travel I use an android USB plug and swap out the cable (micro/mini USB) for phone/Pandora. I have only ever used the 1amp since I don't want to break it, but I have a few dual USB plugs with 1/2.1 amp sockets.

I charge my Pandora all the time from a charger rated to 2.1A. I'm not sure how much it actually takes though, but it does seem to charge slightly more quickly using that charger.

Speaking of charging can the Pandora handle 2.1amps? For ease during travel I use an android USB plug and swap out the cable (micro/mini USB) for phone/Pandora. I have only ever used the 1amp since I don't want to break it, but I have a few dual USB plugs with 1/2.1 amp sockets.
Many have a mis-conception of how electricity works, and chargers. So when a charger says 2.1 Amps, that is how much that devices connected to it are rated to draw from the charger, not how much current it pushes into a device. So you can have some massive 20 Amp rated 5V power supply and use it on the Pandora, if the Pandora typically draws 1.5 Amps to charge, it will only draw 1.5 Amps from that 20 Amp supply. It won't blow anything up.

Last edited:
Back