B.o.b. Cradle

jmetal88 posted on Jul 15 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
EDIT: Man, oh man. I really hope they decide to release it mid-August. My birthday is mid-August, and that would be one of the best presents I could possibly think of for this year! I just hope they do the design right and leave enough room for that little rubber door.

Another Leo, and the same day too, I'm 20yrs older than you! Muuuuahahahahaaaa...

~cr8tive Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! good luck with this project.

I just wish there was an easy way for me to connect a HDD to the gp2x. I don't know anything about soldering and all this wire tampering stuff

It's done. Jsut miffed at some of this comunity and how they are treating other users and such.

I am working on tech specs and stuff and will release a pdf with info in the next few weeks. Thanks,

~Cr8tive Leo

Congrats, hope you're enjoying it. I'll look forward to seeing the spec sheet once you get it out.

nice one

looking forward to seeing your results and any info you share

sorry to hear your dis-heartened with the community at the mo'- unfortunately some people like the type of their own text.

cr8tive Leo posted on Aug 13 2006 at 08:08 PM said:
Jsut miffed at some of this comunity and how they are treating other users and such.

I can relate to that.
The way I see it, though, is that this is such a large community. As much as I'd like everyone here to be on my own wavelength, that's just not likely to happen in a place as big as this. Stick to the people you like and who like you, and the others will just be background noise.
In the end, it's all about making the most out of a tiny piece of hardware we all love (and sometimes hate ^_^) so much.

Magnulus posted on Aug 13 2006 at 01:12 PM said:
I can relate to that.
The way I see it, though, is that this is such a large community. As much as I'd like everyone here to be on my own wavelength, that's just not likely to happen in a place as big as this. Stick to the people you like and who like you, and the others will just be background noise.
In the end, it's all about making the most out of a tiny piece of hardware we all love (and sometimes hate ^_^) so much.

It's all good. That's my aim, I love this machine, it kicks behind. Even making a whole new case for it holds two Pda batteries from my Toshiba, enough to power a 4gig drive along with the unit and a powered usb port. We'll see how this turns out.

All for supporting the community! Hell yeah!

chunkyktr posted on Aug 14 2006 at 04:32 AM said:
if you don't mind me asking, how are you making your casings? vac. machine?

Home made Vac for the prototypes, then to a friend who owns a tool/die company to make a finished produt, but that hasn't happened yet, home brew vac is much more fun. (Hack a day spin off)

Do keep us posted (maybe with some photos too :)), this looks like the last remaining part of making the GP2X a fully-fledged computer.

- Alex

You mean apart from the 3-inch VGA-res TFT LCD samsung just developed? You know what? A 3 inch display with 640x480... Wow, man. Just wow. It operates at 30 Hz, though, so not exactly yippie for game players. A step in the right direction, though, eh?

Still, though... The newer 3 inch camera displays already have close to VGA (just under 600x400), so it's not that revolutionary, really. The Fuji F30 even has something close to 600x400, and that has a 2,5 inch screen.

12345 posted on Aug 17 2006 at 01:24 AM said:
1 Question? Can the portable B.O.B do THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes it can. Please use punctuation properly. That exclamation mark is confused that you took 8 of it's brethren out of the packet to put alongside it, and the question mark is looking very very sad indeed. :(

Allan.

With all this talk of batteries. Does anybody know if the psu circuit for the batteries is a buck/boost type or just a boost type to make the 3.3v.(also from the chip docs it needs 1.8v as well)

I want to use some Li-ion cells I have. I've got too many other projects going at the moment to make a switch mode circuit and use the external DC in. I could make a a linear circuit, plenty of parts in the box. However this would probably not give me much more life than the normal batteries as the linear circuit is not very efficient. It would just make more heat. I'm quite surprised at just how hot the gp2x actually gets.

I really should have had a better look inside when I did the USB host port hack.

cowai posted on Sep 14 2006 at 01:37 AM said:
Any news on this bob cradle?

Version 3 is done, been in the hospital for a while so it was on hold for a bit.

~cr8tive

Bumping to say I hope all is well with you and yours as well as for an update on the project...

Toxic_d

Back