Audio With Cradle

Fizzy

Still Fresh
Hi,

Just received my cradle unit for use with my mk1 gp2x. :gp2x After sorting out all the power issues (2 psu's being used) I have a couple of other issues...

I've hooked up an audio cable from the audio out connectors on the cradle to my amp. Sound is coming out fine - but it also comes out of the gp2x's speakers? Tried plugging headphone in to switch off the internal speakers, but that also kills the sound from the cradle..

Also appears that the output level from the cradle is not actually a line/normal level output, but tied into the headphones/volume control on the gp2x? Dissappointed with that. :(

Also tried switching it to tv out mode - problem persists.

Is there any way to make the gp2x go into tv out mode on startup, or remember all the storage/usb host settings properly? Sort of defeats the object if you have to play around with a load of settings everytime it goes into the cradle. Should be "drop into cradle - now in cradle mode" or something like that. Is this planned at all? Or was this fixed in mk2 models?

Thanks.

If it really bothers you, use a heaphones port to RCA cable, then you won't hear it from the gp2x speakers but will hear it wherever you plug it.

Miika said:
If it really bothers you, use a heaphones port to RCA cable, then you won't hear it from the gp2x speakers but will hear it wherever you plug it.
Thats how I have had it setup before, but thought that the cradle would be a more elegant way of doing it, be the correct line level output etc (especially as due to the plastic moulding/case around the headphone socket you need a pretty narrow 3.5mm jack plug connector to fit). Quite dissappointed to be honest. I think theres something in the firmware to adjust speaker and headphone levels independantly, or at least different settings?

One of the audio players I use often as a far quieter volume on the headphones compared to the speakers ocassionally, and doesn't sort itself out until its restarted. Don't know whether its a bug or it does indeed retain to seperate volume settings and "knows" when you put headphones in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back