Getting Started

kneehighspy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i've been doing some googling and downloading various materials trying to get some idea of what it's going to take to get started programming on my f200.

i just received my my cradle. my question is connecting the cradle to my pc, via parallel or serial, what type of cable does it take (either parallel or serial), what are the pinouts?

also, is there any ways to connect it (cradle) via usb? i plan on using my alienware m9750 laptop (for convienance) to do most of my programming, and it doesn't have a parallel or serial port. would adding a parallel / serial port expresscard work with the cradle?

also, i mainly code in assembly and haven't really found any info on coding the f200 via assembly, any info regarding assembly on the f200 would be greatly appreciated.

any sites that you guys can recommend to help get started?

thanks for any help, sorry for being a programming noob, but gotta get started somewhere :)

There are USB and pcmcia to serial peripherals. Usb ones are much cheaper but if you get a really cheap one, the communication may not work properly. I have seen many good usb devices but the one I bought sucked so the second thing i bought was a pcmcia serial port. As for the cable, buy one serial cable, male at one end and female on the other. You may not need to buy a cable if you buy a serial port embedded in a cable.

Back