Awful game ideas.

Install - The Game.
That's like a recursive groundhog day without a good ending.
I mean, yes, there are games that start again at level 1. So if the puzzles are generated, so that there is some variation. And you get a challenge each time you try to solve... it could not be that bad.

Don't touch your keyboard - the game.

You run it. You gain points by not touching your keyboard, nor clicking. If you do it's game over.

The drone game, you try to tune into a single note by bowing a cello or other bowed string instrument using your mouse, you get points for each day you manage to hold the note. It's a bit of an endurance title, but can be quite hypnotic.

The drone game, you try to tune into a single note by bowing a cello or other bowed string instrument using your mouse, you get points for each day you manage to hold the note. It's a bit of an endurance title, but can be quite hypnotic.
On a bowed instrument the bow only really controls the volume and duration of the note. I assume you're referring to pitch with is mainly controlled by the fingering on the neck of the instrument.

I thought that, just like that blob-opera, you control left-right for the bow and up-down for the tone.

On a bowed instrument the bow only really controls the volume and duration of the note. I assume you're referring to pitch with is mainly controlled by the fingering on the neck of the instrument.
Well making a good drone depends more on the tuning and the bowing than pitch, the pitch should be fixed but especially in lengthy pieces the bowing becomes crucial, there is offcourse more to a tone then just the note pushed on the neck when bowing, the whole bowing will create a pitch of itself aswell and then there are the overtones etc. Talking about la monte young / dream syndicate style music :) Reading a book about drone music "monolithic undertow" a very nice read, highly recommended.

MONOLITHIC-UNDERTOW-packshot.png

Last edited:
It sounds like protecting your belly with your balls.
BallSwinger 64 - A game where Ninja's throw knifes,plates and cans at you and you block with your balls.
It's just like International Karate 2, where the karateka blocks balls with a garbage lid, but then it's exactly the opposite.
Don't let the ninja's press your bellybutton! (or you'll explode).
The balls you carry resemble that of the Argentinian Gaucho's
Gaucho's and Ninjas... yeah, a good combination.

Race to the bottom.
You are a piece of food. You just have been eaten. Get out before you are digested. Do not get stuck. Grab then use extra's to induce a watery environment where you can slide through corners (Eurobeat music intensifies). Use grease as cover and protect yourself from the acid (acid music intensifies).
Finally a game where you use all your keys, not just the cursor keys, to move peristalticly (go in rows: qaz then wsx then edc etc to accellerate and then press a cursor key to go into that direction. As you progress through the colon, so does the effectivity of the keys change and qaz does nothing, but ujm will be the most effective. By the end of your journey you will be pressing ol. and p;/ for your last effort. Don't forget to mash the down cursor key by that point)
Features: Totally immersive music, which changes depending on if you are being digested or not. Super combo's that will launch you fast. But careful: you can bounce back too!

It came from a Post from me: I wrote about the Breast Physics in Death or Alive and i though about the posibillity to use this in a future Beat em up simulator as a way for cover: you would cover your nose whit your huge breasts, .. ^^, it was just the usuall matzesu nonsense thinking..

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
1) Your screen shows the mirror of a car. It is travelling backwards. You need to use the controls to avoid obstacles. After a random interval the car spins 180 degrees and the view zooms out so you are looking through the windscreen and you need to continue to make progress, and a random interval later the car spins, you zoom in to see only the mirror and continue. This repeats.

2) a) You are in an articulated lorry. The screen shows one of three viewpoints (1) The left mirror(s) (2) the right mirror(s) (3) the view looking backwards through the driver's side window. You can only have one view on the screen at a time, which can be altered slightly by moving your virtual head. Object of the game is to reverse into increasingly difficult parking bays, while avoiding collisions with stationary objects, cars, cyclists, pedestrians and children playing in the street. Start off by reversing straight backwards, then around increasingly sharp left and right hand bends, then S-bends, then add hills. Add rain, snow, ice. Provide an optional banksman.

2) b) Parallel park a car with a low trailer in increasingly shorter spaces. Then do the same with a high trailer/caravan that obscures the central mirror and uses mirror extensions on the car.

3) Emulate fishing in real time.

Last edited:
Edit: @matzesu

That wasn't actually in this thread, as far as I can see. It would fit, but I think you actually put that in the duckstation thread or somewhere like that. This thread is for that kind of thing though, half though out game ideas that probably wouldn't be fun if you actually coded them up and played them.

My Post was in the Communication Cube, as i ditnt want to derail the Duckstation Thread,

A Unimog Simulator would be not that awefull of a game idea ^^

3) Emulate fishing in real time.
While parallel parking? Edgy!

How about: Backseat Racer! It's a mix between race-game and text-adventure. You are on the backseat, and need to feed dialogue to the driver to control the steering wheel, the speed, the gear...
type in Dialogue, For example: Signal blinking lights to Turn left. (does nothing) Turn left NOW. (car goes right). Your other left. Press the break. Press the break a little harder.
When you "go faster" or "speed up" make sure to listen to the engine sound, if it revvs too high, say "shift gear up" or the engine will fail.
It features many easter-eggs. If you say "give me the steering wheel" or go over the annoyance threshold, the driver hands you over the (broken off) steering wheel. When that happens, a crash is eminent. Also try "guess who". The driver will be blind for a few seconds, and that's perfect for when the driver turns too soon or wants to start driving through a redlight. Try to ask what time it is for fun dialogs.
To stay under the annoyance level you can pat the shoulder of the driver. And to temporally improve driving, you can yell and pull their hair.
The drivers get harder to control. First a sleepy taxidriver, then a chitchat philosopher (which, when enticed to explain something, will stop the car and explain; while your laptime goes up), and then a sphinx (which will ask you riddles and if you do not reply on time... well, you'll see)

Last edited:
Why does Mario exist? What is the relation with Popeye? Find out in the Awful Game Ideas!

How about: Backseat Racer! It's a mix between race-game and text-adventure.
Hold right there, i gotta try this:
Follow the red street to the goal, commands are "drive, revert, right, left" and a few more.

Yep its awful. wasted time.
(Oh yea you need to open this with löve)

Attachments

• textndrive.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back