Awful game ideas.

Now I feel like every muscle in my body is just on the verge of cramping.

Guys, I just had an awful game idea. It's called "Too Much Caffeine".

I have an awful game idea, not mine, that I want to post about. I think I've posted a link to it in the Communication Cube before, but I just wanted to highlight this here, because it was, get this, a game idea so awful that it convinced a guy to leave Heaven and return to Earth.
I'm like "So, this looks awful familiar. Is this the same as Earth?" She said "It's a lot like Earth but it is different too." I said "Well, what's to do? Do they have any arcades here?" (This is weird because if I was in 1958 or so. Why would I be asking about arcades?) She walked me to an arcade place that was empty of people but full of arcade machines. I walked up to a Pac Man looking machine and asked her for some money. She said "Oh, there's no money in this world. Everything is free". I wondered how this place stayed in business or even why it was in business. She told me the builders just really liked arcade machines. So I'm looking at this screen and it's a guy walking down the sidewalk with a flower in his hand. She told me to hand the flower to a person walking the other way. I hit the button and the person got a flower but now I had two flowers. I handed another flower out and now I had three flowers. I handed three flowers out and now I had six flowers. I said "I don't get it?" She said "To give is to receive. The more you give the more you receive." I said "How do you win this game?" She said "The concepts of winning and losing are not here in this world." I said "Well then, how do you finish the game?" She said" You are finished when you don't want to play anymore." It was a rather boring game and I ended up quickly with so many flowers I couldn't see my player anymore for all the flowers. I knew quickly why no one was at this retarded arcade.
I've been wondering about the concepts of winning and losing not being in Heaven. I read another NDE that said that you can't throw dice in Heaven, because they always come up exactly the way you want them to. I'm with this guy, sounds boring as fuck.

There's a game on Switch called "Clock Simulator" which challenges you to push a button once a second, every second, for as long as you can maintain your sanity.

I've noticed it has Russian language support. Now I know what happened to Putin's sanity.

You know, we have lottery vending machines in North Carolina, but they make you scan your ID in order to use them.

I wonder why this hasn't been implemented in video games with adult activities yet. Especially racing games, we can't have unlicensed drivers on the virtual roads. They might hit an NPC.

I'm with this guy, sounds boring as fuck.
And knowing where your next meal is coming from is also boring, right?
There are games where the first one to lose all cards wins. Also boring?

One person described heaven as a place where entropy flows in the other direction. Plus there is knowledge to gain.

I wonder why this hasn't been implemented in video games with adult activities yet. Especially racing games, we can't have unlicensed drivers on the virtual roads. They might hit an NPC
Oh, you should work for Meta, when the Oasis is ready, sorry, I mean, when the MetaVerse is ready, I guess these "licenses" can cost real money and they'll make a fortune!

I'm actually sad the 6-ers are building the Oasis...

Nintendo announced that they’re delaying the release of Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp to an unspecified date because of the war in Ukraine. I think they’re missing a golden opportunity here. New game idea: Advance Wars: Kick Russia’s Ass! It will sell millions.

Post apocalyptic SIM City... in a world where everybody died you have to make a new city. However since everybody died nobody will construct anything. You can plan but It will never be realized. Also nobody will ever live in the planned city that doesnt get made.

Post apocalyptic SIM City... in a world where everybody died you have to make a new city. However since everybody died nobody will construct anything. You can plan but It will never be realized. Also nobody will ever live in the planned city that doesnt get made.
Will there be an add-on pack, so you can train animals to do the work for you? Or is it more about watching how the buildings slowly crumble and get replaced by plants, vines and trees? And then Animals come back to the city and live in a sheltered building. And as they use the roads, these become the new paths in the city, joining all the hubs, like the swimmingpool which is now used as drinking fountain. Or a stadium which is used by grass eaters.

And when completed your design of the city and you are to old to continue, you slowly pass away. Then wake up from a coma realizing it was all just a dream, all your family and friends are so happy to see you. Turns out it was a tutorial, then the apocalypse happens and you can finally design your true city that doesn't get made.

And as DLC you can indeed have a friendly animal to help you. When you finally think you could start construction of your city, a friendly cat thinks you're his play buddy and will directly knock over the bricks you are trying to place.
catbuddydlc.png

a friendly cat thinks you're his play buddy
Hmm... CatTamer, the game. Give your cat instructions, which the cat ignores. But when he's hungry, you need to feed it. To feed it, you need to pay for microtransactions.
Post automatically merged:

Then wake up from a coma realizing it was all just a dream,
That would be an epic 180degrees ending cutscene.

I had a cool new awful game idea. Completely Linear Incremental Game. There’s progress, but the rate of progress never increases. Everything is capped at one per second, meaning you’ll only reach two billion in your lifetime. I designed it with the afterlife in mind. Given an eternity, we’re gonna need some seriously slow games.

Why is Chrono* an awful game idea?
Post automatically merged:

I had a cool new awful game idea. Completely Linear Incremental Game. There’s progress, but the rate of progress never increases. Everything is capped at one per second, meaning you’ll only reach two billion in your lifetime. I designed it with the afterlife in mind. Given an eternity, we’re gonna need some seriously slow games.
I have something similar while playing Genshin Impact.
The daily tasks you get rotate and you do basically the same each time. (even the same action at the same location). Then, when you level up, the monsters suddenly get stronger, so you are still struggling to beat them. And they drop double the loot, but in order to go up in levels, you need more materials. Ofc there is pay-to-win, so you know it's on purpose.

Last edited:

I guess because the game says 2300 AD, and we have agenda 2030 AD and the bad guy is Lavos, and we have Davos... ?!?

This is the future three hundred years after the appearance of Lavos.

Everything is destroyed and devastated, very few men still survive thanks to machines that regenerate the body but leave hungry.

There are no more plants, no flowers, everything is dead.

Gangs of crazed robots roam the world and try to dominate it.

So 300 years after the appearance of Davos everything is destroyed and devastated (guess the "build back better" did not happen as planned, just the great reset) , very few men still survive (depopulation agenda) thanks to machines (automation, big dog) that regenerate the body but leave hungry (hungry... hungry it's a good thing, right?)

There are no more plants, no flowers, everything is dead. check that one too. Even in the seas only bleached corals.

Gangs of crazed robots roam the world and try to dominate it. Check that one too.

And soon we'll have robots on wheels (we call them self-driving cars).... just like the game!

And here I thought it was just a game with made up time travel... but it's pretty accurate.

@netcat was this what you had in mind when you posted just that single image?

Last edited:
it's what came to mind when someone mentioned Post apocalyptic SIM City.
What a perfectly grounded answer. I was waaaaay overthinking it, then. Apologies.

hm... apologies.
Sorry, the game:
An RPG not unlike Leisure Suit Larry. Where you walk around and people bump into you, then you quickly need to type in "Sorry" in the text box or they'll get aggressive. So you better type fast.

Maxx Gamerrz: Why do these people keep bumping into me? Controls feel stiff and I can't out maneuver them. 3/10
Fried Tomatoes: I get that retrogaming uses pixel art. But the main character is just one big square block with horrible collision detection. 1/5
Critical Gamer Magazine: Green squares are grass and you can walk over them. It took us long to find out. Everything blocks and bumps. 0/5
Gamers Collective: You mean we have to type continously to survive? 0/5

Harzer Wandernadel, accurate survival simulator.
Walk across procedurally generated mountain forests, fight bears and cultmembers trying to recruit you or steal your stamp book. Use forest fires to your advantage. When sleeping, do you trust your environment? Group up with other players to defend each other, and try to not get doublecrossed. Buy the bees from the beekeeper and use them as decoy. Make money and bribe for extra stamps. When your bladder is full, find a peaceful spot, away from people trying to fine you for doing that in nature, but not next to the toxic waste barrels. And when you hear "the sound", run. Run and don't look back. Get stamps, stay warm, get stamps, stay hydrated, get stamps, stay fed, get stamps, stay alive.
Can you collect all the stamps and convert them to medals?

Maxx Gamerrz: Totally realistic simulator. This is how it really is in Germany. The mineshaft level was terrifying. 10/10
Fried Tomatoes: There's barely blood in this game, but the minigame to pop feet blisters is fun, so I give it one point. 1/5
Critical Gamer Magazine: Why are there Ninja's hidden in a German Forest? I love that! 5/5
Gamers Collective: We found the BMX early on. On it, we could easily outrun the tax collectors. The game is too easy. 2/5

Based on REAL events:

Last edited:
I was going to make a visual novel called The Evil Dragon, with a resolution of 128 by 72 pixels, using only two lines of fourteen characters each for text.

THERE ONCE WAS
AN EVIL DRAGON

HEROES SET OUT
TO DEFEAT IT

ONE BY ONE
THEY ALL DIED

WILL YOU SLAY
THE DRAGON?

*hits the n key*

THEN THIS GAME
IS NOT FOR YOU

ENDING ONE
ACHIEVED

I was going to make a visual novel called The Evil Dragon, with a resolution of 128 by 72 pixels, using only two lines of fourteen characters each for text.

THERE ONCE WAS
AN EVIL DRAGON

HEROES SET OUT
TO DEFEAT IT

ONE BY ONE
THEY ALL DIED

WILL YOU SLAY
THE DRAGON?

*hits the n key*

THEN THIS GAME
IS NOT FOR YOU

ENDING ONE