Awesome Psp Update

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145973.html

all i can say is wow.

All kinds of new stuff, maybe even a new version of the PSP with flash memory, PS1 support, GPS, digital camera, and at the bottom it states 107 games available by the months end.

Also, i thought the DS was outselling the PSP by leaps and bounds,how could the PSP have made more money than the XBOX 360 and DS combined, even if the PSP is $100 more? Quantity surely would out weigh price if that was the case with the DS.

I'm a little curious to see how the ps1 emulator is going to work out. Other than that, there is nothing there really exiting. The $199 price point sounds good, but not having the case sucks.. and you have to buy a memory stick anyhow to get use out of the thing.
About the money brought in, its obvious since the PSP has double the price of the DS. Money brought in means nothing when your losing on each unit. Nintendo actualy turns a profit on each device.

Im was kind of excited to read the article at first, but most of this just seems like more of Sonys empty promises. Im going to save any enthusiasm for when they actually deliver something. No im not a Nintendo fanboy, im just a really dissatisfied ex-PSP owner that was left with a horrible tast in my mouth. I will say im goign to keep an eye on some of the new games on the horizon, since there seem to be quite a few notable ones coming out.

Angel posted on Mar 15 2006 at 01:46 PM said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145973.html

all i can say is wow.

All kinds of new stuff, maybe even a new version of the PSP with flash memory, PS1 support, GPS, digital camera, and at the bottom it states 107 games available by the months end.

Also, i thought the DS was outselling the PSP by leaps and bounds,how could the PSP have made more money than the XBOX 360 and DS combined, even if the PSP is $100 more? Quantity surely would out weigh price if that was the case with the DS.

PS1 support! Great Idea in theory.

GPS, Camera. LMAO it's a game console FGS. I never though I see Sony as a Gizmondo wannabe but hey whatever floats their boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
It almost sounds like there is a new PSP coming soon. PSP lite? As for the games, I want to see them on the store shelf first. Then, I will believe. <_<

Sony always said they wanted to release different types of PSP packages, early on there was even talk of a cellphone attachment.

As for the case so many people just go out and buy the Logitech case anyway so the cover that comes with it ends up going unused anyway.

Larger installed base than the 360? not a hard thing to do when no one's buying the thing. Ds on the other hand? Kinda surprising but I think it might be a case where Nintendo was being so cautious with unit production because they weren't sure of it's market potential (leading to shortages) which gave PSP time to catch up in units sold. I've said it before but I usually see10 PSPs outin public for every 1 DS I see each week. But Nintendo could still have made more money than sony simply because their systems are rarely if ever sold at a loss to the company.

Back