Awesome Journey!!

Kumaki, I use Rockbox.

How to set your directories:

You can press anywhere, but just press on the lower left of the screen to get the menu, then press the folder (the leftmost icon that appears).

You can also use the mouse, but the mousepointer is invisible and clicking will cause a random effect (depending on where the mouse pointer is)

Now, in folder mode, press left (or L button) a few times until you get out of the folders, into the Rockbox main menu, just below "Now Playing" select

"Settings"

"General Settings"

"Database"

"Select directories to scan" It says "/" just add a few paths to your music

"Initialize now", and wait a bit. The proces can hang, so maybe you need to retry it.

As for the +1000 music files... Ill try to buy a new SD card soon to test such a large music library soon. You just make m3u's right?

There is also a config.cfg where your settings are stored.

As many of you may be aware, recently, I took a trip to Louisville, KY.

For me, this is 699.8 miles one way, it took eleven hours, all in one piece, stopping only for gas, bathroom, and drinks - usually all three in the same stop.

On the way down, I used my Zune, plugged into the car's AC Outlet (my GPS was occupying the cigarette lighter) and piped the music thru my car speakers via the cassette deck. (Yes, my car has cassette and CD - to be honest, I never use the CD, would just as soon have cassette only, or even just a port to plug in something like Zune.)

Anyway, I did this, because I was worried the battery might not last long enough to do it with my Pandora.

On my way home, though, I threw caution to the wind.  I started out from Louisville, KY - using the Pandora at 86% charge.

I made better time on the way home, getting home in 10 1/2 hours.

During the trip, even when I stopped, I left the music player playing on the Pandora.  so it was running consistently for the entire 10 1/2 hours of the trip.

I got home, and the bastard was still at 46% charge!!  I used only 40% of battery power on a 10 1/2 hour trip, consistently playing music!
Nice! But I got you beat.

Last time I went to Chile I was travelling (and waiting around in airports) for around 25 hours. I was powerup my Pandora whenever I could and also using it to listen to music using Rockbox.

I eventually arrived Santiago and had to wait 3 hours there for my connection to Concepcion... by this point my mobile was its last sliver of battery so I plugged it into the USB host of my Pandora. I managed to charge it back up 40% and the Pandora still had 30% charge left!

Of course when possible I did use public sockets to try and top up but in Madrid someone was hogging them all so most of the topping up was done at the beginning of the journey.

Back