Audio Problem

levi1123

I've had issues with Audacious skipping like mad on whatever song I'm playing whenever I enable/disable wifi. Weirdest issue I've had with that. Now mind you this also happens when loading chromium up but I expect that's more of a lack of resources. I can't imagine why starting/stopping wifi would require any more CPU power than it had in previous hotfixes where this didn't occur.

Suggestions? Same Story? Unique Bug?

Any input/reply is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Well I just did a bunch of tests of this and found that Audacious alone shouldn't skip at all with wifi toggling (or as it auto signs in to your network), it also ran fine when chromium was already open with about 5 tabs. A video had been been picked up to the audacious playlist by accident and that hung the system, needing a restart. Thereafter audacious again fine on its own but it will stutter on toggling once enough resources are eaten up and you get into swap space. Annoyingly even after shutting down chromium, the swap file doesn't let go of the idea it has a small used portion and stuttering then continues when you toggle wifi or try to do anything else. I also experienced a bunch of failures to launch PND's and such like thereafter.

If its stuttering on HF6a4 with just audacious running, then I'd do as SONY says and reflash it, however even with a big swap file it doesn't seem to like much multi-tasking.

Anyone know how to get the swap partition to rid itself of supposedly used resources when they should be freed up? Is there a terminal command to refresh it or anything?

edit : to add about the network sign in also not being an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back