Audio controls on the outside of the clamshell

Four shoulder buttons and a physical volume wheel should be more than enough for music playback control. No need for extra buttons. The only somewhat annoying thing is that the audio jack, volume wheel and shoulder buttons are on the long sides, while it would be better to have them together at one of the short sides so you can easily keep the device in your pocket. But there's no way to avoid that problem.

I still think having speakers at the outside (on the short sides of the base) would be useful: when you're listening to music on the go without headphones, when you use your Pyra to set an alarm or to get any kind of notifications, when using it as a phone, and so on. Yes, the direction of such speakers would not be optimal when using it as a handheld. But it would not be that bad either, and the stereo separation might even be better. When you want good quality sound, you'll use headphones or external speakers anyway.

Is a physical volume wheel planned for the Pyra? I really like that feature on the Pandora.

I still think having speakers at the outside (on the short sides of the base) would be useful: when you're listening to music on the go without headphones, when you use your Pyra to set an alarm or to get any kind of notifications, when using it as a phone, and so on. Yes, the direction of such speakers would not be optimal when using it as a handheld. But it would not be that bad either, and the stereo separation might even be better. When you want good quality sound, you'll use headphones or external speakers anyway.
As I mentioned, you can open the lid for that. If the speakers are not optimal for a handheld, then they are useless to me.

-God Ginrai

Would be better if there are speakers on the outside too.
No. Buy yourself a good pair of speakers. Or open the lid.

-God Ginrai
Good pair of speakers on the go? Then what's the point of mapping audio controls on the outside?
Not everyone uses headphones all the time.
If you are in, say, a bus or a train you should use headphones out of respect and consideration for the other passengers.

If you are not in the go, I can't see why opening the lid is such a problem.

Enviado desde mi iPod touch con Tapatalk

If you are in, say, a bus or a train you should use headphones out of respect and consideration for the other passengers.

I'm in a bus or a train, I wouldn't necessarily have earphones. Besides some people have the earphones so high, that they might as well use speakers. :lol:
Can't really open the lid if it in my front pocket. Plus, I can easily put the screen in sleep mode by just keeping it close.

Four shoulder buttons and a physical volume wheel should be more than enough for music playback control. No need for extra buttons. The only somewhat annoying thing is that the audio jack, volume wheel and shoulder buttons are on the long sides, while it would be better to have them together at one of the short sides so you can easily keep the device in your pocket. But there's no way to avoid that problem.

I nearly never play with headphones when playing on a handheld.

It's bad for my ears (mine hurt when using headphones).

I also wouldn't want it.

I don't want to have to carry more stuff with me than needed.

I also wouldn't want it.

Same here. Hopefully you'll see to it, that we get better external speakers this time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I also wouldn't want it.

What kind of headphones do you use?

Enviado desde mi iPod touch con Tapatalk

I also wouldn't want it.

Same here. Hopefully you'll see to it, that we get better external speakers this time. ;)
At least the testing samples did sound better.

With a better amplifier in the Pyra (Pandora's already nice) we might also get some more power out of it.

I also wouldn't want it.

What kind of headphones do you use?
Nothing special: http://www.amazon.de/Koss-KSC75/dp/B000A6JX2K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1392149578&sr=8-9&keywords=koss

As In-ear hurt me after a while even with Sound barely noticeable (or even turned off) I have to use external ones.

The main situation I use Headphones for playing is in the Train.

As German Trains are pretty loud (crap compared to the Regional train I took in Bruxelles) I have to turn them louder than I'd do in a silent room. That's what's gets really bad after some time.

The ones I use now are ok,

As In-ear hurt me after a while even with Sound barely noticeable (or even turned off) I have to use external ones.

The main situation I use Headphones for playing is in the Train.

As German Trains are pretty loud (crap compared to the Regional train I took in Bruxelles) I have to turn them louder than I'd do in a silent room. That's what's gets really bad after some time.

The ones I use now are ok,
Earphones are actually worse for your ears than headphones, so it's actually a good thing you use headphones.

-God Ginrai

I'm in a bus or a train, I wouldn't necessarily have earphones. Besides some people have the earphones so high, that they might as well use speakers. :lol:
I hate it when people blast their music into the public space with complete disregard for their fellow passengers (headphones or not).
I don't really like gaming with earphones or headphones either, so I play without sound in the train. If I really need sound then I do use earphones or headphones but always check that the audio cannot be heard by others.

Back