Release BlindPlayer, Another Kind of Audio Player

I love the concept - but I have this idea on another button configuration.

With two buttons, we have enough signal on each button to do Morse code if we chose to.  I.e. the amount of information that -could- be communicated is huge.

Options per button are presses (pulses), holds (long signal), which button was pressed first, which one was next, whether they both are/were pressed.

So...

Left button held = lower volume (software volume).

Left button pulse = start/pause playing.

Left button pulse pulse = pause & return to song start

Left button pulse pulse pulse = pause & return to song start & back one track in play order (previous song)

Left button pulse pulse pulse pulse = pause & return to song start & back two tracks in play order (previous to previous song)

Left button pulse pulse +n pulses = pause & return to song start & back n tracks in play order (nth prior to current song)

Left button pulse (pause >0.5sec) pulse = pause, resume playing.

Left button pulse pulse (pause >0.5sec) pulse = pause, go to start of track, resume playing.

Left button pulse pulse pulse (pause >0.5sec) pulse = pause, go to start of track, go to previous track, resume playing.

Right button held = raise volume (software volume).

Right button pulse = next track

Left button pulse + right button pulse (together) = next library/playlist

Left button held + right button held (together) = answer incoming call (Pyra)

Left button held + right button two pulses = ???

The permutations can continue to grow...

With two buttons, we have enough signal on each button to do Morse code if we chose to.  I.e. the amount of information that -could- be communicated is huge.

Options per button are presses (pulses), holds (long signal), which button was pressed first, which one was next, whether they both are/were pressed.
I like the idea, but would prefer to limit button presses to one at a time. The advantage of this is that I can control the music from my pocket/carry case using only one hand.

I definitely support volume control being added as a feature, however.

I'll just note that I think Eki's existing solution seems easier to learn and remember than a lot of the suggestions here. I'd use his software myself, except for the fact the current case I use for my pandora (an old phat DS case I've repurposed) tends to squeeze the triggers when installed over my pandora (which messes up a lot of application shortcuts which are set up e.g. for 'c' and not 'ctrl-C'). I have to remember to pop the back of the pandora out of the case before trying to use shortcuts, at which point it's not much harder to flip it open at the same time and use the keyboard shortcuts.

Edit: And we have a hardware volume wheel. Why do we need soft volume on the shoulders as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: And we have a hardware volume wheel. Why do we need soft volume on the shoulders as well?
I can kind of see the appeal of a soft volume control... because of the position of the volume wheel on the Pandora. Let's say your Pandora is in your pocket, it's likely that you will either have access to the shoulder buttons OR the volume wheel but not both without taking the Pandora out. Let me think about that.  

Correction : error found, forgot to install codec pack after fullflash - all working  :)  thanks
Thanks for finding the issue :)  

Left button pulse (pause >0.5sec) pulse = pause, resume playing.
Good ideas but the problem is that the Pandora shoulder buttons are of average quality and precision, and sometimes get stuck when you do repeated clicks (especially if you are trying to reach them in your pocket, it's far from practical). That's why I do not recommend anything in that vein, and rather go for a more forgiving mode of operation.  

Back