Release Atomiks

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Just uploaded Atomiks, a logic game remake of Atomix, a classic puzzle game created by Softtouch and RoSt released in 1990 by the Thalion Software company.

shot1.png

The keys used in the game:

* DPAD move cursor
* B Button to grab/release the objects

* `Esc` quit

Sources included in PND.

Links for more info about the game:
http://atomiks.sourceforge.net/

Atomiks has been created by Mateusz Viste, who has been explicitely authorized to reuse graphical and design elements from the original game by Atomix's copyright holders for the sole purpose of creating Atomiks.

The Atomiks engine is released under the GNU/GPL license, altough this license does NOT apply to level design and graphics used by Atomiks, since these remain the intellectual property of their authors, Softtouch and RoSt.
Therefore you CAN'T reuse any of the level design or graphic elements, unless you get written permission from Atomix's copyright holders.

Enjoy.

feels like sokoban +1 = atomiks +1 = spacechem

thanks, will try

edit: quite the brain teaser

Last edited:
Looking at the screenshots, I thought this might be like sokobond, a sokoban clone but also with atoms that will combine if placed next to each other. This isn't a sokoban clone as the blocks slide - I forget what the progenitor of these style of games was, but it makes your brain melt sligtly less because the elements don't get stuck together when you're trying to manipulate them - getting stray H2 molecules in sokobond was always a pain!

I only made it to the end of level three in my first playthrough though before only just scraping through before the timer ran out, so it's certainly a challenge though!

Back