Atari ST - Castaway/GP Release 003

well for the DM i got its the cracked version, i realised the hitting numbers might work so i tried that and it did, but when it comes to the door it has the cursor already on the enter button but i can't select it, and changing to the mouse option doesn't let me move it

Mouse controls on the Automation 97 Dungeon Master don't work. That's probably what's happening.

OKay, yeah, the crack probably did somethign funny to the machine that works only on the real ST. I'll keep an eye on it see if theres anythign I can do, but no time to do too muchhackign on the emulation core itself; I've fixed a few issues, but already spending way too much time working on this. (Damn obsessive ST disorder ;)

See if you can find other copies.. theres a lot of DM stuff floating around :)

jeff

so its unplayable?
totally? same for oids as well because i just tried that and it didn't want to work either

Just a little suggestion: In joystick mode you could remap GP32 A button to the space key because many games use the space key as secondary weapon and also most cracktros can be skipped with the space key.

get Xenon 2 working, it needs joystick, doesn't like the mouse on mine

Oids on Automation 97 works fine (Apart from the quirky joystick bug). I was playing it earlier

Does anyone have a version of turrican 2 which works? My copy has a crack screen which seems to crash bah! Brilliant to see Stunt Car Racer Running! I'm starving for food but can't pull myself away from the gp32.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

A600 posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Just a little suggestion: In joystick mode you could remap GP32 A button to the space key because many games use the space key as secondary weapon and also most cracktros can be skipped with the space key.
Good idea; will do!

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
mine doesn't like llamatron either, could it be due to the TOS i am using?

Craigix, when is the next lot of FLUs arriving (I preordered)?? I wanna get in on the fun ;)

Shrike posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
mine doesn't like llamatron either, could it be due to the TOS i am using?
Its best to always use TOS 1.0 or 1.02 .. thats what almost everyone used, and was most common. (On the ST proper; STE and MegaST and STacy used 1.02 and 1.04 and such..). Stick toi 1.02.. I am :)

You can boot different TOS images, too.. ie: It defaults to TOS.IMG, but you can install TOS_104.IMG (say), amnd then pick it with A or B, and it'll get used for next run as the TOS image. So you can test multiple TOSes easily. But only the 1.02 is the most compatible..

jeff

RobertG posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Craigix, when is the next lot of FLUs arriving (I preordered)?? I wanna get in on the fun ;)
Yeah, I'd like to know that too.
The anticipation's killing me!

Shrike posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
get Xenon 2 working, it needs joystick, doesn't like the mouse on mine
Was it ever playable with mouse?

It works greta in joystick mode.. the sticky-joystick is there, but it doens't get in the way much.. I just played to the first store and bought the mega-weapon-pack.. been too long since I seen that :)

I really like Megablast!

will be good to have sound.. I'll take a stab at that soon.

jeff :D

wow an atari st emu
now thats kool
ye super sprint xenon 2 on a hand held
i have just about all the menu disks for it
any one needs any then drop me a line ill help u out
toatlly impressed with it
who needs sound for now
keep up the good werk dudes

YOU SO NEED A RETURN key ...such good work!!

Frontier Elite 2 - It runs but glitchy graphics and you need f keys - damn

I went crazy seeing elite 2 - wow !

Captive worked 100%!!!
Grandad worked with glitches
Kick off 2 Final Whistle worked fine but sluggish
Archer Maclean Pool worked but I couldn't press return

oh the joy!

They are on the way now, weekend, will be spending one day TESTING THEM ALL. I'm not having a repeat of last time.

Will ship maybe saturday, but probably tuesday (monday is bank holiday i think)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

timthepig posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
YOU SO NEED A RETURN key ...such good work!!

Frontier Elite 2 - It runs but glitchy graphics and you need f keys - damn

I went crazy seeing elite 2 - wow !

Captive worked 100%!!!
Grandad worked with glitches
Kick off 2 Final Whistle worked fine but sluggish
Archer Maclean Pool worked but I couldn't press return

oh the joy!
I'll be adding return, backspace, and the F keys :) Just gotta figure out a decent layout for a 3-row keyboard :p I coudl add a 4th row though, perhaps.

I had meant to try Captive but no time yet.. glad to know she works. I'll be adding SMC disk saves soon, so we can save savegames for later re-use. I'll be playing Captive and DM again for long hours I think :)

If Kick Off is sluggish, could just crank up the frameskip.. I've not found too amny that got sluggish though.

jeff

Back