Atari ST - Castaway/GP Release 003

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Get it here:
http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

Mouse, joystick, keyboard, frameskip, you name it.. its all there. Joystick might be a little screwy.. you may need to tap it instead of holding it.. let me know. Sound in a few days.

Compatability is very high, speed is very good!

Enjoy, and let me know what games you're playing :)

jeff

Jeff. I have just played handheld Llamatron and it is totally fantastic! :ph34r:

We all owe you one here, mate!

:wub: :wub:

hehe, just need to install it and find some disc images ;), will enjoy trying llamatron though

Neeeed ... a .... geeeee ...... peeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... thirr... tt .. y ..... ugghhhhhhhhh ... hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..

So my 128mb smc arrived this morning.. still waiting for the GP32 :( Why must you torment me like this??

;)

This rocks!

I was more of an Amiga fan in my youth, but in the absence of an Amiga emu, I can live with an ST :D

Jeff deserves a huuuge pat on the back for his work... if not a few donations if he is accepting them??

Anyone tried Sensible Soccer yet??

Paul

paulh posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Anyone tried Sensible Soccer yet??
This is the only place you need to go for games:

ftp://atari:st@208.42.19.22

It's called Joe's FTP server and it has almost every ST (and most other Atari games/systems) on it. Some of them are in MSA format so they will need to be convereted or wait until Jeff ads MSA disc image support. Trust me, if you want it it is there! Read _directory.txt files for contents and games lists.

Sensible Soccer 1.2 here:
http://atariforce.free.fr/st/jeux/sens120.zip

the first (medium res) option is Ramdisk (Y/N) and then hit (space) on the info screen after that. Fire button after that.

I get to the main scroller menu then I can;t tell if it's loading or not. :blink:

SOON!

I've played Llamatron and seen menu screens of Pang and Sensible Soccer 1.2 :ph34r:

Where can we donate Jeff? Just buy one/many of your Palm apps, right?

matt

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooo can't find any disk images, i think i'll cry if i can't get DM and Xenon working :( and it'll be all your fault skeezix

How does one convert those MSA-images?

EDIT: Just had a better look at the FTP-site you gave and ehm geez, I guess a MSA-conversion utility in the Disk & Disk Image Converters-directory?

hehe cool
got some games now just need batteries to get my gp32 working again, cheap crappy batteries gave me 5 hours life ¬_¬

It's got a virtual keyboard? Oh good goat. *rushes off to download Little Computer People*

Shrike posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
nooooo can't find any disk images, i think i'll cry if i can't get DM and Xenon working :( and it'll be all your fault skeezix
have you looked at the FTP site above!?!?!

also, less easy to download form here: http://www.planetemu.net

matt

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million!!!!!!

Just played Stuntcar racer and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohooooooooo

Now i.m going to try all my other ST faves!

Adios,
Matt

it might be an idea for us to post which version of each game works (compact menu number and cracking group etc.)?

matt

Matty Jetman posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Just played Stuntcar racer and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuntcar racer alone justifies the price of a GP32 :p

Geoff Crammand is a superstar coder... I wonder if Grand Prix will work as well?

stickofjoy posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
it might be an idea for us to post which version of each game works (compact menu number and cracking group etc.)?

matt
I've tired abotu 20 games now, and all worked pretty well; a few glitches here or there, but nothign serious so far :) Sometimes you have to really wait or crank the frameskip to get through unpacking..

ie: Star Glider 1.. it'll take a good 5 mins to get through the unpacking, but if you crank frameskip to liek 20 or so, it'll skip through faster by 3 times or so.. then bring frameskip back down to 0 after unpacking halts. (Unpacking is math intensive)

Dungeon Master takes a minute to get into hall of champions, but runs perfectly from there at frameskip 0, for instance.

I'm amazed myself :)

jeff

Oh my god !! This is a great day for the GP32 emu scene ! Hopefully this great emu will convince more people to buy a GP32 ! I did almost wet my pants when I got "Defender of the crown" to load !! Unfortunately my version of the game is unplayable on the emu (mouse cursor is not displaying). Back in the old days I owned an Amiga but now I found out that many classic Amiga games were also available on the ST (e.g. "Bard's Tale" - the mother of all RPG games :) ) Can't wait for the next version with sound and hopefully even more speed and compatibility ! Keep up the great work, skeezix !! Thanks a lot for porting this fantastic emu !! :D

stickofjoy posted on Apr 30 2003 said:
Jeff. I have just played handheld Llamatron and it is totally fantastic! :ph34r:

We all owe you one here, mate!

:wub: :wub:
Glad everyone is enjoying it (wetting pants, getting sweaty, feinting, etc :) Seems its gone over very well so far, with just a few glitches.

I just got busted playing Dungeon Master by my boss. doh!

I think playing ST games in bed will ruin a few marriages..

jeff

Back