ARM PowerVR SGX: Full 3D driver source code available (leaked)

Or because of the very real legal troubles that it could land EvilDragon in. This isn't a moral or ethical problem, it's legal.
no problem unless someone makes it a problem.. You'd get a take down notice first rather than an attorney's latter dragging you into court.

No depending on how you look at it, it is absolutely a form of censorship. [...]

But all of this is irrelevant, pure distraction. Nothing you just said actually addresses what you originally said and what I was responding to.
might be a harsh word and its not very accurate, but like you sad its a form of censorship, which is i.a. the removal of chosing different sources of informations necessary to come to your own conclusions/ to make your own decisions and so on...

Murder is against the law, you don't oppose that do you?
And... Murder is still against the law, if law enforcement and executive organisations do the murdering..., or is it not?... ehhh which one was it? xD

You simply can't entrust someone with making your decisions, so better make your one and make it a norm rather tahn exception..

But you're against certain patent and copyright laws (of which you are grossly misinformed if you think the human genome is patented, but I digress), so you play nice where you must and fight back where you can.
well I read about it. Maybe the article was mistaken or I misread? Just wanted to give one of many stupid examples of our copyright system.

Should I have gone with how people are dying because certain pharma companys don't like the idea of cheaper medicine robbing them of their rightfull royaltys? xD

You talked about "decisions" being made, as if you had some inalienable right to see illegal content and it is necessarily your duty and yours alone to refrain (or not) from partaking in that illegal content.
How do you judge illegal content if you're denied access? Do you blindly trust the one telling you it is? Surprisingly, not always is the stuff printed on the package also included in your cereal bar xD

this conversation is fun xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Murder is still against the law, if law enforcement and executive organisations do the murdering..., or is it not?
More irrelevance. An arbitrarily unenforced law is still the law, and therein is part of the problem: arbitrary enforcement is still occasional enforcement and it's not always possible to figure out when you're the one who'll get the hit. Sometimes it's worthwhile: people speed all the time, the time saved is balanced against the risk of a ticket; most people never get a ticket, but when you get that ticket you pay the consequences.
How do you judge illegal content if you're denied access?
You don't. Why does that make a difference? Are you going to start complaining about people who lock their doors, denying you access to the possible illegal activity that you would absolutely refrain from? Of course not. You do not have a right to decide whether or not to refrain from illegal behavior, you have an obligation to simply refrain from illegal behavior. If you were so eager to look at the lost content there were several people happy to tell you how to do so without a direct link.
Should I have gone with how people are dying because certain pharma companys don't like the idea of cheaper medicine robbing them of their rightfull royaltys?
You could've but it still wouldn't have any relevance to what I was addressing you said.
no problem unless someone makes it a problem.. You'd get a take down notice first rather than an attorney's latter dragging you into court.
We don't know what would happen nor who would try to make trouble and no one wants to find out. Literally nothing was lost by removing the link but there was everything to lose by leaving it. The risk/reward scale doesn't even pretend to be balanced.
Which still brings us back to what you originally said about not being able to make your own decision. What decision do you believe has been removed from you, what rights violated? What benefit would leaving the link have that you think would balance the risk EvilDragon would be under?

I cannot realy understand why Texas Instrumends dont open the Driver now.

The Boards will not more Produced(exept a few)

And many Users would be realy happy when its open.

With half closing Source make they many Programmers and Users little angry.

Maybe someone can fix Drivers little more/speedhack the Drivers for more FPS in some Games/Emulators and other Things.

Its a little like the Intel Drivers where some People released speedhacked Drivers which work on the Laptop from my Girlfriend with Facebook Games.

Original Intel Driver are stuttering,but this leaked/tweaked Drivers work flawlessly with Facebook Games of my Girlfriend.

Thank to this Driver i must not buy a new Laptop for my Girlfriend.

Driver leaking/tweaking/fixing and rereleasing can be good sometimes.

You see it on the Ati OmegaDrivers and others. ;)

It's not TI, Ingo. It's "Imagination Technologies" or something and possibly other companies from whom Imagination Technologies licensed code.

Well Texas Instruments builded a soc with their own cpu and a gpu from Imagine Technology. This is quite common today, you can create your own cpu in languages like vhdl (which is a programming language for hardware) and include some other ready use chips next to it, like a jpeg encoder, a h264 video decoder or a complete gpu. This is called IP (interlectual property) usage. It is a bit like using Codeblocks pnd on the Pandora and link to a library like glshim or zlib.

The hardware vhdl code of the gpu is owned to imagine. The driver for the gpu too. The hardware code for the cpu is owned by TI. So TI is not allowed to release the driver code, but only Imagine.  

Back