Release Arkanoid Remake

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is a another port from Clement CORDE Games : Arkanoid Remake.

This a port using his latest sources. It is mouse oriented, but I added Pandora Key (I know there is another version in the repo, but it's a port of the Dingoo port, and it use older sources).

A mouse is still the better device to play Breakout games.

preview3.png
 ​

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9iNlPA4-_pk?feature=oembed
  • Initial release
  • Latest sources from Clement Corde used
  • Added Pandora key for movement (DPad or Shoulder for faster move)
  • Nubs in mouse mode works
  • Touchscreen doesn't really works.
  • A real mouse is still recommended

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep up the great work, it's people like you, constantly releasing things that makes the Pandora worth its pri!

This is definately more playable than the other version in the repo!

Unfortunately it's missing the jingles :)

Oh, and the enter-key is not working in the main menu. Not really an issue, but I always seem to try ENTER.

This is definately more playable than the other version in the repo!

Unfortunately it's missing the jingles :)

Oh, and the enter-key is not working in the main menu. Not really an issue, but I always seem to try ENTER.
Ah yes, I didn't map ENTER, I mapped the X button...

And yes, the famous Arkanoid jingle is missing :(

If you have some link to some free wav (or other not too exotic format) of this tunes, I'll try adding it.

This is awesome.   Yes it is hard, but seems a little better than the old port we had.  i found it even harder as it was too fast and don't believe hi-scores worked in it.  I believe it had the music though, as the pnd was much bigger than yours.

It was a port of dingux version.

Is there any chance of getting 800x480 as option (maybe streched with Notaz's SDL)?

Hi, the code compiled fine on my device but I have problems.

- Clicking anywhere on the screen goes to High Scores - cannot click on Start Game

- Arrow keys do not move selection up/down in menu (start game, high scores etc)

- My enter key does not select a menu item.

Yes, the keyboard is not used on the original code, I added that.

On the original, you have to move mouse up/down to change menu selection, and left-click to select.

On what device do you want to compile ?

Compiling on N900.

If you have changed menu.c to use keyboard, that would be great. Can you attach the changed file?

Compiling on N900.

If you have changed menu.c to use keyboard, that would be great. Can you attach the changed file?

Here are the full sources.

If you distribut the resulting binary, don't forget to let Clément known of the port, I'm sure he will be pleased to know of a new port of his game.

Attachments

• arkanoid.tar.gz
    446.1 KB · Views: 256
* Thanks! With your version, the arrow keys now move the menu selector up and down, but RETURN does not start a game. What key do you press to start game?

* I found I can start a game by tapping the screen near the top, and quit by tapping screen near the bottom.

* I changed one line to make game fullscreen by default:

render.c:177: gRender.nFullscreenMode = 1; //klapse default fullscreen

Hum, this ENTER key for selection, I have to think of it. I use Pandora Button "X" or "A" to start, so it's SDLK_PAGEDOWN or SDLK_HOME. But you can add enter here (look in main.c), and change

if (gVar.pKeys[SDLK_PAGEDOWN] || gVar.pKeys[SDLK_HOME])

to

if (gVar.pKeys[SDLK_PAGEDOWN] || gVar.pKeys[SDLK_HOME] || gVar.pKeys[SDLK_RETURN])

I think it will work...

I'll add it to the Pandora version, but I will not do a PND just for that. If I get the Arkanoid jingles, I'll do it...

About the Fullscreen, yes. But I used the NOTAZ SDL, so fullscreen/windowed is always Fullscreen...

<3 this LilSeb!!!

For anyone who thinks this is hard, it's actually a lot easier than the original.  Power-ups can be stacked, old school original, no way.  There's a few variances but it's great.  Some background music would be great.  Linux-SWAT?  What do you have to backup the soundtrack, as you are the guitar virtuoso? 

The shoulder buttons for increased speed help a lot, as does tapping the left nub for a quick escape. 

Thanks again for this.  Just something else making the Pandora awesome. 

Back