Are you going to develop/port for the pandora?

Will you port/make software for the pandora?

• I ordered/will order from the first batch and yes

Votes: 99 62.3%
  • I ordered/will order from the first batch and no

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • I won't order from the first batch, but yes

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • I won't order from the first batch and no

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Kyosys

I made the same poll in gp32x, but with our new audience, I want to know the numbers again.

Will you make/port games/apps/emus/whatever for the pandora?

I've done some programming before in basic, but I'm sure I'll soon start learning C++... Then I'll start making games for pandora :)

I'm going to write a fancy SDL GUI library for it, and then use that GUI in my games to allow for efficient multitasking. Example: Easily call a menu to play music while playing a game, stopping in-game music automatically.

Yeah, as soon as I learn how to code a GUI for Linux (I've only used the Cocoa framework for Mac) I will be making a Latin translator, and I will attempt a few other utilities.

As before, zero coding ability here. :p And I'm still mulling over other ways I could contribute (I have a few ideas now, so I'll just see how things go :p).

Prometheus said:
As before, zero coding ability here. :p And I'm still mulling over other ways I could contribute (I have a few ideas now, so I'll just see how things go :p).
Easy. Beta testing, feedback, suggestions, gathering of resources... there are plenty of things YOU can do to help a developer with a project. All you need to do is ask what to do.

Prometheus said:

same here :D

might dabble with a little bit of coding but I think it will be the same as always --> crap

I do have biochemistry skills but they are no use in this community :D

AireTamStorm said:
Prometheus said:
Easy. Beta testing, feedback, suggestions, gathering of resources... there are plenty of things YOU can do to help a developer with a project. All you need to do is ask what to do.
Exactly. :D I was also thinking along the lines of documentation, too.

bosbeetle said:
Prometheus said:

same here :D

might dabble with a little bit of coding but I think it will be the same as always --> crap

I do have biochemistry skills but they are no use in this community :D

its useful, you just haven't realized it yet

I will make some games for the Pandora, but they may suffer from "codergraphicitus" (total inability of this coder to draw ANY form of image that's recognisable as what it actually is meant to be :huh: )

Hobbyman

I'm hoping that Allegro will get ported shortly after release (or before) although I might check out SDL or some of the alternative scripting languages. I'm not looking to try to push the hardware to it limits or anything so I'm looking for quick and easy. I plan to make original games although I'm sure that I'll start with something small to get the swing of things. Kind of got a little too used to programming in Windows.

hobbyman said:
I will make some games for the Pandora, but they may suffer from "codergraphicitus" (total inability of this coder to draw ANY form of image that's recognisable as what it actually is meant to be :huh: )

Hobbyman
If you have the code, I'll make graphics for you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Kyosys said:
hobbyman said:

Hobbyman
If you have the code, I'll make graphics for you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Can you work with SVG? :)

Soon as python gets ported, I will probably be coding a game for it. a mish mash of genres, something that hasn't been done on any working emulators.

Frogboy said:
Kind of got a little too used to programming in Windows.

Exactly the problem here. I'll be porting my 2D game library from Delphi to FreePascal - hopefully there will be a compiler that supports the Panda.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CANNOT CODE

Not all of those of us that can code can do everything - devs will need graphics, models, sound effects, music etc. You have nearly two months - get going and sort yourselves a portfolio out. Show what you're capable of doing, and then show that to the devs. You can help.

D.

Dunny said:
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CANNOT CODE

Not all of those of us that can code can do everything - devs will need graphics, models, sound effects, music etc. You have nearly two months - get going and sort yourselves a portfolio out. Show what you're capable of doing, and then show that to the devs. You can help.

D.
We will have to bring this topic over to the main forums when they go back up. I can put stuff on the screen, if I have stuff to put there :lol: . The last thing a programmer should have to worry about is how to make a sound for the main menu navigation. You can be a dev even if you cannot code. Storywriters and game ideas even often come from people who haven't a clue about programming. Same for sound effects, sprites, models, gameplay implementation. In fact, probably one of the biggest turn-offs for programmers starting a project nowadays is not having those assets readily available.

AireTamStorm said:
Kyosys said:
hobbyman said:

Hobbyman

Can you work with SVG? :)
I know I have done some vectors, nothing too fancy, more cartooney, but I guess so... if you point me to a program that creates them

Im gunna make a hello world from some examples first, im sure loads of people would want that on there panda...

Yeah if i can actually get a 'hello world' working, then ill see what i can do from there, i know the fundamentals of C++.

I got 2 projects on my mind, an organizer.. (sounds really fun thing to program btw!) where you can see the canalder, write notes, banking, and anything else i can think of, then if that gets going, i will try to put my Japanese into go and make a 'Brain training' like game but with learning Japanese. However alot better, and less statistics. Hopefully i can create a kinda non-linuar program with enough content to keep me and you guys going.

BTW japanese isn't great, i have a teacher, and a few books.

Its really interesting to see that many people want to make so many different apps for the pandora.. i think im going to need dual 32gb cards to get everything!

Back