What Are The 3 Key Strengths of The Pandora?

What Are The 3 (Three ONLY) Key Attributes of the Pandora That Make it a "Must Have" to Yo

• Total voters

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Another poll to find out more about the community again - to better understand what are the three killer features of the Pandora for each of you !

Please ONLY select THREE answers, while you may be able to select more (I cannot restrict the numbers of boxes to be ticked). You can post comments to explain your choices as well !

Last edited by a moderator:
A difficult choice for me to select only 3 - I almost wanted to select the 10+ hours battery life, but if I have to choose only 3, I guess the community around the machine has become an even stronger point at this stage - I come to spend a lot of time on the forums and learn a lot in the process.

I'm really the only one ( besides you Sir Ekianjo ) to have voted ?!

While I was immediately hooked by the Pandora's capacity to emulate and generally be a little powerhouse, further lurking really illuminated the fantastic community that makes this thing tick. We have all the lead men regularly checking and posting on the forum, be it for news, answering consumer questions, or just faffing about and having fun... And that alone kinda blew my mind having bought nothing but big-name pieces of hardware beforehand. There's total transparency here, and that goes just as well for the developers and fellow enthusiasts. There's a lot of praise and enthusiasm for the Pandora here, but problems are also brought to attention. The whole community is one big vehicle pulling a strange, powerful little niche device as far as we can, and that's really notable!

I also voted for the battery life and great controls, because before this the GP2X F-200 was my weapon of choice, and, well, some of you may know how it rolls in those departments D:

I could only vote for two because my third choice isn't available. Hardware keyboard and controls in this form factor. I love my emulation, don't get my wrong, but having a keyboard makes old Personal Computer emulator spectacular on the Pandora. No other device can match it. While option 1 "The Ability to Play Emulators with the right controls" almost fits the bill the keyboard and controls themselves are what makes the emulation on the Pandora so good.

id be better off just voting android as a non-likable feature. rest is great

A difficult choice for me to select only 3 - I almost wanted to select the 10+ hours battery life, but if I have to choose only 3, I guess the community around the machine has become an even stronger point at this stage - I come to spend a lot of time on the forums and learn a lot in the process.

I actually voted the same three you did. Audio quality was a close fourth though.

Wow, already 16 votes and NO=BODY ever mentioned Android as a key feature yet. I have to admit I am not surprised Android is not in the top3, but a little that no-one mentioned it. I guess Craig has not voted yet :)

I really wanted to vote for richness of applications, SD cards and audio quality, but

Battery, GNU/Linux and community came first. <_<

I like it how Google(Android) or Apple(iOS) won't be tracking my private data on their software.

hum, to me the three most important points are:

1. it's absence.

2. the way it lured me as it was cheap and affordable and now I can either get a refund to lose some money, pay a major premium to get it or continue to wait for years.

3. It'll be already outdated by the 1GHz model once i'll get it...

hum wait, you said "Strength"?

"The keyboard" is missing as an option. Had it been there, I'd chosen that over the battery life, I think.

Although I agree it would be easier to choose what not to choose, so to speak. Android does not interest me, and "being easy to use" is important if it is true, but usually "easy to use" means "We've stopped you from doing anything but pressing the big green button - Easy, huh?". Ease of use is overrated :D

It makes me happy that, at time of posting, the community is everyones top choice (including mine). Without the community there would be no device, and even if there was a device, there would be no software.

Steve

It makes me happy that, at time of posting, the community is everyones top choice (including mine). Without the community there would be no device, and even if there was a device, there would be no software.

Steve

Exactly. It was also one of my votes. For me the community is so good that even when people ask questions to ED directly, other members step in and answer if they know the answer - There's really an atmosphere that makes helping each other very rewarding. And it's not only about the community of course, the product is great as well that's why we have a great community too :)

How about adding an option for 'Other Reason' and allowing people to elaborate in the thread?

I chose the form factor, and I don't just mean size/weight/clamshell but mostly that it has a full keyboard and game controls that are designed very nicely - thumb typing while using the shoulder buttons for SHIFT and CTRL shortcuts, and dpad/action buttons for cursor movement, this works really well.

Back