Are There Gp2x "hacker Demos" ?

Well, there was this one 3D engine demo with a rotating blue cow...but if you're talking about the kind of demos where they maximize the capabilities of the hardware, the GP2X is still too young for people to doing that just yet.

Another reason there aren't so many hacker demos is that a lot of the classic 2D demo effects are no real challenge on the GP2X. 3D is the probably the only thing that's really going to push the GP2X it its limits.

Blah posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
@Dzz: Nice site design, did you make it? :)
I'll guess (from your smiley and the fact that the designer's name appears twice on the page) that you're joshing. But just in case, I'll offer this clue: it is rumored that the site's excellent designer has a lovely latin wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:28 PM said:
Blah posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
@Dzz: Nice site design, did you make it? :)
I'll guess (from your smiley and the fact that the designer's name appears twice on the page) that you're joshing. But just in case, I'll offer this clue: it is rumored that the site's excellent designer has a lovely latin wife.

Actually, I was serious.

Seems a pity that so far there are no entries submitted... with the loot up for grabs, I'd imagine (and hope) a few people will be tempted by a last minute submission.

PS It was actually David Rodriguez who designed the site.

"Problem? Question? Contact us. | Website © Dzz 2006. Design by David Rodriguez"

andyB911 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:59 AM said:
Seems a pity that so far there are no entries submitted... with the loot up for grabs, I'd imagine (and hope) a few people will be tempted by a last minute submission.

PS It was actually David Rodriguez who designed the site.

"Problem? Question? Contact us. | Website © Dzz 2006. Design by David Rodriguez"
I am certain that demos are being worked on. There is no motivation to have submitted an entry yet so I'm not surprised that there are no submissions. Very likely all of the submissions will come on the last day... maybe a few on the second-last day.

However -- although I'm certain that demos are being worked on, it might be that not very MANY demos are being worked on. And since there's still a good week left it's not too late to start an entry!

David's nicnkame on these boards is "David Beoulve"

I wouldn't wonder if there will be no entries. The demoscene doesn't work this way. Demos and Intros will be released at partys usualy and not on the internet via submission.

FlowNeppets posted on Jul 24 2006 at 09:24 AM said:
I wouldn't wonder if there will be no entries. The demoscene doesn't work this way. Demos and Intros will be released at partys usualy and not on the internet via submission.
I suppose it's possible that some people have obtained gp2x's, gone through all the hard work of figuring out the details of the platform, wrote mad-cool assembly display hacks, and then ignore this contest.

Magnulus posted on Jul 24 2006 at 12:18 PM said:
And if no one joins up, the prize could be transferred to the game comp! :D
Demos > Games.

blakespot

Back