Is There A Demo Scene For The Gp2x?

deluded

I know I've seen a few mentions of demos been written (including the rather good article by Dzz) - but there doesn't seem to be much effort in pushing the capabilities of the gp2x other than the more advanced emulators.

Am I missing something, or is it just that there aren't enough coders to make it worthwhile?

I've not done much clever graphics stuff since the Amiga days, but would be willing to give it a bash once my F200 turns up.

Didn't Dzz hold a demo competition a while back?
There isn't really a 'scene' but there are a few nice demos floating around

If I would have to guess... there should be around 10 GP2x demos (including intros).

Some of them are:

Chrysler, Creep Tea, Debris, Hex Pistols, Jenny Thinks, Re-re-recycle etc...

I'll PM you a link to a place where you can download them, as the place I would recommend is NOT public yet. I believe in you to use it for your own porpuse only for now.

Regards
Kojote

update:
some demoscene demos are also located under:
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,38

(the classic file archive for gp2x) :D

deluded said:
I know I've seen a few mentions of demos been written (including the rather good article by Dzz) - but there doesn't seem to be much effort in pushing the capabilities of the gp2x other than the more advanced emulators.

Am I missing something, or is it just that there aren't enough coders to make it worthwhile?

I've not done much clever graphics stuff since the Amiga days, but would be willing to give it a bash once my F200 turns up.
I still enjoy the c64 demo scene and would be pleased to see more demos for the gp2x. go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok - will give them demos a go when I get some hardware to play them on!!

Got a few ideas for a game - which may start off as a demo as a way of sussing out how to code for the gp2x.

Back