What Was That Demo?

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
Several months ago someone linked to a demo on youtube of some homebrew game on the GP2X. The graphics in it were amazing. It looked somewhat 3D. I think the demo started off with the player standing outside, with the screen looking side on. There was grass that moved around in the wind. The player walked along and went into a building.
That's about as much as I can remember. I think that the news for it was posted twice, and that it's being made by a non english speaking developer.

So any one know what I'm talking about, or have I lost my mind?

Edit:
Silly me, I've just found it :p

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=28570

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Aug 25 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
Yes, its a fenix game. It's not rendered on the GP2x. It's prerendered.

Yikes, that looks a bit too intensive to run through fenix on the GP2X. I can see why it's prerendered.

If you like that, also take a look at War Chaos and Firewhip.

Tens if not hundreds of man-hours would be needed to complete them - I hope their authors didn't give up.

- Alex

The original thread for Legends on GP32Spain appears to be still active. It sounds as though the developer has had some family problems and had to put his projects on hold for awhile, although he is getting motivated to start working on them again soon.

I found the thread for War Chaos. That game looks pritty cool. It appears to be some sort of Commandos clone.

The Firewhip thread is here.

I never knew the Spanish made cool looking games :huh:

Javacat posted on Aug 26 2006 at 05:22 AM said:
I never knew the Spanish made cool looking games :huh:
I know, I thought only the Japanese! :lol:

- Alex

Back