Apps from repository that writes to NAND

Of course i know it. NAND paranoids , should know about all NAND writtings apps, then maybe the'll understand that NAND writting is a must for many apps, and there is no way to preserve NAND , while using OS from NAND. Only solution for saving NAND is to use OS from SD card.

And because i check every app, i thought it will be nice to inform every NAND Paranoid that many OS-Binded apps writes a lot of cache files on NAND [like thunar..]
I see this thread more for useful information about apps that actualy don't need to write on the NAND but do so. Nobody expects that pandora OS and its parts and built in programs don't write to the NAND and nobody is paranoid about that. It is ONLY about normal Pandora Apps that could write to the SD without issues but don't do it because of whatever. We have so much SD space but not so much free pace on the NAND, so lets use it.

Here is no need for obscure "teaching lessons" <_<

OK, apologies from my side then..

Anyway, the current fact is many apps from repo, still writes to NAND, Repository should get some kind of warning info / warning icon for these apps.

Anyway, the current fact is many apps from repo, still writes to NAND, Repository should get some kind of warning info / warning icon for these apps.
I totaly agree, a warning is good, people still can decide of they want to use the app. :) Good thing is, most of the Apps are writing to SD anyway, at least the apps I use on my Pandora.

And to prevent endless searching, it really would be useful if it is mentioned, where actualy the app writes it's stuff on the NAND. I'm not that familiar with the Linux file organizing and locations. ^^

- HomeBank doesn't write to nand anymore now.

- Added a Hint in description of Brasero, as I don't have the source anymore and it doesn't really work.

- Where does MidnightCommander write to? Couldn't find it. Please clarify.

Thanks!

Edit: The .mc folder is in the appdatadir with my pnd. Maybe a leftover from your tests of CLI-love you saw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, midnight Commander. I have it but never checked where it writes. But this program is somehow strange. It doesn't seems to save anything, at least not last selected folders, you always have to start browsing from 0, maybe it doesn't write anything?

- HomeBank doesn't write to nand anymore now.

- Added a Hint in description of Brasero, as I don't have the source anymore and it doesn't really work.

- Where does MidnightCommander write to? Couldn't find it. Please clarify.

Thanks!

Edit: The .mc folder is in the appdatadir with my pnd. Maybe a leftover from your tests of CLI-love you saw?

if you start midnight commander [from Your PND] and press F9 and find the option "save settings" you'll get info that settings are saved to ~/.mc/ini

Streak: That ~ is just in a textstring.

The actual folder is in appdata, or can you find it in your home?

Edit: I'll check again.

Edit2: Checked and it is in the appdata! ~ doesn't always have to refer to the NAND, when the program unses getenv() $HOME

Thanks!

Edit: maybe you should stay true to the threadtitle and only test stuff from the repo and not all stuff you can find anywhere.

Back