Apologies But The Rock Must Be Spread!

El_Diablo

Rocking Your Face Clean Off
Website
homepage.ntlworld.com
Hi everyone, I havent frequented this board much as of late because my house at uni doesnt have a freakin internet connection! Anywho, my band have been busy again and have just recently finished a new 3 song demo. Check it out and let me know what you think!

www.myspace.com/judeuk
www.juderockmusic.com

B)

thanks!
hmmm...if you have a pop-up blocker, try turning that off...any more trouble and just pm me.

:)
when i clicky 'download' it comes up with a real player page and i can only listen to it on the web. I'll try again with another browser or another computer later. Oh by the way my sister will be pleased. she loves Breaking Habits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm, if the website links to a .mp3 file, it will be downloaded into a temporary folder and then played by your standard audio player. You cannot rightclick on it and [save target] because it´s a flash page.
I did this:
-let it download
-played it in winamp
-[view file info] and found out location of file
-opened the location and copied into my mp3 folder.

Erm, if the website links to a .mp3 file, it will be downloaded into a temporary folder and then played by your standard audio player. You cannot rightclick on it and [save target] because it´s a flash page.
I did this:
-let it download
-played it in winamp
-[view file info] and found out location of file
-opened the location and copied into my mp3 folder.
that doesn't work for me as it will only play in real or quick time, both on the net and not actually in the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're musically competent and tight as a group
And the writing is good too

but the production is not *zing* outstanding.
it sounds lower bitrate than the 192/44 WinAmp reports

The singer needs more "pep" too. He sounds theatre(musicals?) trained.
He needs to stretch himself a little more.
Or try to get the production to bring him "out" further.

Thanks for the comments. :)

gp32rich, I understand what you're saying its a fare point. As a band our main problem with the latest demo is its taken all the rough edges off our sound.
The vocals were re-done and re-done until we got what we were happy with as a take, unfortunately its not as good a representation of the live sound of the band as it could be.

Live things are far punchier and the vocals alot more passionate, as anybody whos ever performed anything (acting, music, or even presentations) knows the life of the performance (without me sounding *shudder* 'pretentious') comes from wanting to give it your all for the crowd! (and the added volume helps!) B)

anywho, I'd love to get as much feedback as possible...its always good to get, whether it be positive, critical or whatever...we are still developing after all :)

We should be doing a live session in the autumn which I'm hoping will rock more too...

ps Klown: if you like mogwai and havent already, check out "Explosions In The Sky" and "Godspeed You Black Emperor" oh and "Elliott" (the later albums) are all good too

I like your stuff! Like this kinda music. But it shows promise.

The production is never gonna match what you hear on the new coldplay cd etc. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I'm a professional musician, albeit classical. But if you ever wanna pick my brain about anything, just ask! Sure you know everything already etc. But I thought I'd offer :)

Back