Anyone Received Their F-200 Yet ?

b_o_b said:
Play-Asia:

Nov 02, 2007 Welcome to Play-Asia.com
Nov 02, 2007 Play-Asia.com Order #xxxxx - Payment methods
Nov 02, 2007 Play-Asia.com Order#xxxxx payment received.
Nov 02, 2007 Play-Asia.com Order #xxxxz shipped!

UPS:

Nov 02, 2007 23:48:23 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Nov 02, 2007 19:06:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Nov 02, 2007 14:41:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN

They are fast!

Damn a delay!

Nov 03, 2007 01:45:00 PH PAMPANGA A LATE AIRPLANE CAUSED THIS DELAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 03, 2007 01:45:00 PH PAMPANGA AIRPLANE CRASHES ON TAKEOFF KILLING ALL F200s ON BOARD

morrissey2k7 said:
I got my F-200 ULTRA fast from Play Asia. I ordered it Tuesday night and it arrived on Thursday morning, and I live in the US (Ohio to be exact)!

Did you have to pay any import duty on it?

I live in France and had to pay 45 euros when receiving the package !

Hallie Miles said:
morrissey2k7 said:
I got my F-200 ULTRA fast from Play Asia. I ordered it Tuesday night and it arrived on Thursday morning, and I live in the US (Ohio to be exact)!

Did you have to pay any import duty on it?

I'm not sure... would that have been part of the shipping cost? It was $25.80 for UPS 1-4 Day Shipping.

PeterM said:
I had to pay £17 tax (UK VAT) plus £11 "brokerage" charge. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I'd probably spend more on phone calls trying to get it back.
Before ordering the GP2X I knew there were some extra costs involved, it would have been a bit cheaper for me to wait until they are available in the Netherlands.

I'm not sure how much VAT + Brokerage I will need to pay, but I think it will be about the same as UK/France (so 40-45 EUR).

GP2X 119
Shipping costs 25
VAT/Brokerage 41 (?)
----
Total 185 EUR

If I'd waited until December I could have bought it for 169.95 in the Netherlands . So this will probably costs me about 15 EUR to get it sooner.
I could have saved a couple of Euro' s by choosing another shipping method (without tracking), but I've chosen UPS because I have had good experiences with them,

I think this is worth the extra bucks, not having to wait and risk a possible frustrating delay. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the warranty. I tend to trust local suppliers more than these kind of companies.

BTW. My package is delivered in Amsterdam and waiting for clearance. I hope I will receive it Monday :)

There are a few couriers out there that leave the parcel with whoever is at the house and send you an invoice later. If this happens I post the invoice back to them requesting where I authorised them to open an credit account in my name, quote the Consumer Credit Act at them and the fact about the right to cancel/reconsider a credit agreement during a cooling off period that they never offered me. Of course I also give them the opportunity to pickup the package and return it to the sender.

Since it would cost them more money to return the item to the sender, they'll usually just leave it with you and scrap the invoice :) Even if they do decide to return it however, the worse thing that can happen is that you get a full refund from the sender due to a failed delivery (or resent via a different delivery method).

Think I've saved about £50 so far in charges.

Woooohoooooo!

Mines here from GP2x UK.

Not had chance to really mess with it. Suprised how small and light it is. Power switch is annoying but overall seems fine.

Got a few jobs to do but will whack a load of stuff on the SD card now via USB.

:D gp32_console :D

Damo said:
Woooohoooooo!

Mines here from GP2x UK.

Not had chance to really mess with it. Suprised how small and light it is. Power switch is annoying but overall seems fine.

Hi,

New to this community, Pre-Ordered mine 23-10 from GP2X UK, but I still have not got mine yet :( Did you get an email from them to say that it had been dispatched, because they have not emailed me. I have sent 4 emails so far.

Thanks

Damo said:
You might want to buy a cheap card reader instead of using the usb function of the gp2x. The later isn't exactly the most reliable way.

Tech-Head said:
Damo said:
Woooohoooooo!

Mines here from GP2x UK.

Hi,

New to this community, Pre-Ordered mine 23-10 from GP2X UK, but I still have not got mine yet :( Did you get an email from them to say that it had been dispatched, because they have not emailed me. I have sent 4 emails so far.

Thanks

craigix said:
There is going to be a bit of a delay with all retailers as the entire first F200 batch is sold out and more are currently being made.

B)

Tech-Head said:
Damo said:
Woooohoooooo!

Mines here from GP2x UK.

Hi,

Thanks

Yeah I got an email yesterday at about 4.30pm. Was suprised it came today. Quite happy with it. It's a bit cheap but pretty good so far.

Got a card reader but not sure if it supports SD HC. Not too bad transferring stuff via USB.

morrissey2k7 said:
I'm not sure... would that have been part of the shipping cost? It was $25.80 for UPS 1-4 Day Shipping.

Nope - if it's duty there'll be a label from customs on the package and you have to pay more after delivery (or to the delivery person if they can act as an agent for the government.)

So there was no extra charge after the order - that's good to know, thanks!

Hi,

How long before GPH makes the next batch of F200 and how long before us poor souls who missed out this time gets our hands on it <_<

I so so so want my F200

Thanks

Just a quick edit, Just got an email from Gp2x.co.uk, they are still sending out there pre-orders ( But they have ran out of stock ) my order is going to be sent tommorrow. wooooooooohoooooooooo.

Hallie Miles said:
Nope - if it's duty there'll be a label from customs on the package and you have to pay more after delivery (or to the delivery person if they can act as an agent for the government.)
I think you'll find the delivery person collects the money for the company he works for. The duty & vat will have already been paid by that company.

Squidge said:
Hallie Miles said:
I think you'll find the delivery person collects the money for the company he works for. The duty & vat will have already been paid by that company.

That could well be - I'm sure the Feds get their cut from one end or the other :) . I was just concerned that there might be a charge at the door before I could take delivery. I've been hesitant about buying a couple DVDs from Amazon.uk for the same reason, and I was never able to find any information about it on the net, so it was good to hear from someone who had ordered from overseas recently.

Finally recieved my f-200 and it's got problems so it's gonna have to go back.

Not a happy bunny !

The Video Clip

STAGE6 - http://stage6.divx.com/user/FruityNutter/v...2X-F-200-/-F200
(complete clip, best quality)

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPRMU6G_A
(slighty shorter, lower quality)

Anyone else had problems ?

Why did you open something that is clearly faulty? You've surely voided your warranty now?

Back