Anyone Else Received Their Caanoo?

my impressions after my first day with the Caanoo:
i like it :) at first the only thing I liked in it was the huge screen (which was a huge idea from GPH ;) )
now, after several hours i tend to like it more than my WIZ :) the only drawback is lack of the ports, but i'm sure it will change soon

a few small things I noticed:
- the manual says the led will start blinking on low battery power - excellent, WIZ also needs this since a long time... (i haven't seen it though, the battery life seems to be very long)
- USB keyboard can be used! now we only need a terminal app, and a simple text editor, maybe Qtopia, and Caanoo will become a tiny computer :D it will also be serious help when debugging softwares
- the screen is not so nice as WIZ's excellent OLED, but the size... well, the size matters :p playing GBA or SNES games will be very good when turning scaling off to speed it up, on the WIZ the screen was so small without scaling, like a post stamp :(
- hopefully we will have an internet browser and an ssh or ftp daemon for easy file transfer via WiFi
- the GUI is very nice and easy to use

the drawbacks are not so bad, inserting the SD card needs long nails, or maybe only my fingers are too thick... using the power switch with wet hands (for example sweating because of the warm Caanoo) is quite difficult

i can't understand why the media player can't handle the most common SRT or SUB subtitle formats, only SMI??

EvilDragon said:
Anyone who ordered from my shop:
All normal units and gaming packages will have been shipped out by today.
Shipping via Hermes always takes a day longer, since I have to announce them one day in advance that I've got packages for them to pick up... therefore, all Hermes orders will be picked up today, DHL and UPS have been picked up yesterday.

The WiFi package is, as someone mentioned above, not ready yet and will be shipped (according to GPH) next Monday. Probably takes 3 - 4 days to arrive at my shop.
Then those will ship, too.

w00t!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back