Anyone Received Their F-200 Yet ?

From the looks of it, I'm thinking diagonals could be more difficult, but can't say for sure without playing with one.

The buttons are very close together, so if they have a proper degree of sensitivity, it should work just fine.

Its a little dissapointing that the buttons are sepperated, but the wonderswan worked ok like that. You guys really need to wait for firsthand reviews.

In any case since its basically the same as an f100 dimention wise, there should be more than enough room under the shell to replace the pad with a solid peice of plastic w/ rocker nub (playstation style). Losing the center push funcion of course.

Back to the original thread..

gp2x.co.uk have told me that they are expecting stock to arrive late this week and will begin distributing straight away...

Of course expecting to arrive is not exactly definate, but it sounds positive :)

Since the center push function on the f200 is "all buttons pushed at once", surely that can also be done on a replaced pad by pushing the center?

The center push on the F200 is all buttons at once? What a piece of shit. Good thing not many games use it. Anyway, I think everyone is getting all anti-hyped over nothing. I bet that the console will be a much smoother release than the F100.

Squidge said:
Since the center push function on the f200 is "all buttons pushed at once", surely that can also be done on a replaced pad by pushing the center?
The problem is that a proper d-pad should have a center pivot. If that is not there if you have games where fast direction changes are needed you will many times hit the stick clik function by mistake as you will inadvertently hit all buttons at once. Also when moving you will also many times hit both right and left or up and down at the same time or all buttons. This can confuse many games and cause your movement to stop unexpectedly or move the wrong direction. That is why ALL proper d-pads have a center pivot to insure that you only hit ordinals or diagonals. Maybe some clever devs can just substitute a tap anywhere on the touchscreen for the old stick click.

I will probably get one of these and experiment with mods. It may be as simple as a piece of plastic that can be solvent bonded or glued to the 4 buttons as Trooper said.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont want to sound negative or anything and i dont really care if i get flamed but i wont be buying a new gp2x (f200) mainly because of this Dpad.

i know everyone (mostly) has wanted a dpad for a long time but watching that youtube video i was put off by how Un-springy it looked.
i really cannot justify spending another £120 for these new features (i still think theres a strong market for modding f100's).

thats just my 2cents i dont know if anyone feels the same way.

let's wait until we got it: maybe the pad is not that bad. I still have so,e hope that it is better than my unmodded first edition mk1 stick.

(At least I am quite happy with the new psp slim pad).

MrTAToad said:
One other thing - is the SDL system now hardware accelerated ?
The official one, I don't think so. There is always HW SDL though.

Simon here,
(The guy that started off this post)
I noticed that they now state on the gp2x.co.uk home page that it is shipping this week, and this was on the 22nd.
Unfortunately I Still have not received it and the whole week passed !
I have left over 5 messages with GP2X.co.uk (phone and mail) and they do not reply.
Today is Monday the 29th and yet again it did not arrive this morning so I left them yet another message.....WHY DON'T THEY CALL BACK ?!!!!!!!

When I eventually recieve the unit I will take lots of footage with various emulators, post them on Youtube and let you all know what I think of it.

It was supposed to be last week, but GPH delayed sending them.

Current estimate is this week / early next week.

However, I agree that it would have been nice for email updates to everyone..

deluded said:
It was supposed to be last week, but GPH delayed sending them.

Current estimate is this week / early next week.

However, I agree that it would have been nice for email updates to everyone..

Right after they updated the website GPH delayed the shipment again - its not their fault TBH, but I would agree that they should answer.

PlayAsia show the F200 as being in stock NOW and people are getting shipping notifications from them already so I would say that its not going to be that much longer to wait ;)

Fruity Nutter said:
Unfortunately I Still have not received it and the whole week passed !
I have left over 5 messages with GP2X.co.uk (phone and mail) and they do not reply.
Today is Monday the 29th and yet again it did not arrive this morning so I left them yet another message.....WHY DON'T THEY CALL BACK ?!!!!!!!
heres some cheese to go with your whine.

:) :)

Well at least us gp2x.co.uk buyers can all cancel our orders when the guys from play asia get theirs and find all the bugs ;)

deluded said:
:) :)

Well at least us gp2x.co.uk buyers can all cancel our orders when the guys from play asia get theirs and find all the bugs ;)

dunno depends on how long it takes them to get theirs.

I've checked up on this, we have answered every single email and phone message, and if you didn't answer your phone we left a message on your answer service, so check it :)

The only emails we don't answer are things like 'I wanna buy a gp2x how much is it?' and other such sillyness.

The F200s are on the way now and may arrive tomorrow. People will start to get their confirmation emails tonight/tomorrow.

I will get a quick review up as soon as I have an F200 in my hands.

Thanks,

Craig

Well I got my first mail from gp2x.co.uk telling me pretty much as Craigix says - units arriving shortly final confermation on the day mine is dispatched - wooooo

At least I didnt have to wait so long as some of you "First Edition" owners !

Back